Video: Jimmy Fallon Sings Farewell Song to Regis Philbin on 'Live'
In Regis Philbin's last week on "Live with Regis and Kelly", Jimmy Fallon stopped by to bid his farewell to the senior host. The "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" presenter serenaded Philbin to the tune of "It's Only Just Begun" with adjusted lyrics on Monday, November 14.
"Why do you have to leave? You're only sixty-three," Fallon expressed his feeling before mentioning Philbin's correct age. "What's that, he's 80? Good lord." The young host then traced back Philbin's TV career, "He started out at as a page on NBC, from Joey Bishop into Kathie Lee [Gifford]... I'll miss all those things you said."
Toward the end of the performance, Fallon imitated Philbin when he yelled at Gellman about Jerry Seinfeld being on the cover of Newsweek. Asked why he chose to express his tribute in a song, Fallon said, "Well because you are Regis and you are amazing."
Philbin will host "Live" for the last time on Friday, November 18 after almost 30 years. To fill in his shoes, Neil Patrick Harris has just been tapped to co-host the daytime talk show along with regular host Kelly Ripa on November 28 - December 2. Previously, Jerry Seinfeld has been selected for the same guest-hosting gig on November 21 - 23.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans