Confirmed: Lady GaGa Split With Longtime Choreographer Laurieann Gibson
Rumor suggesting that Lady GaGa no longer works with her longtime choreographer and creative director, Laurieann Gibson, has been confirmed by the Mother Monster's rep. The split report emerged on Saturday, November 12 along with whispers about a nasty fight between the two parties.
Words are, GaGa and Gibson grew apart after they did "Judas" music video. They reportedly clashed when filming the clip because the choreographer was not comfortable with its religious imagery which drew protests from the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights back then.
When talking about the project with The Hollywood Reporter, Gibson did admit she was afraid of where the video was going and considered to back out of the project. "I was like, 'Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me!'," she said. "I believe in the gospel and I'm not going there."
The fallout reportedly continued when they did "The Edge of Glory" music video. Gibson was supposed to direct it with Joseph Kahn, but creative differences forced them not to get involved in the project. The final result of the video saw GaGa strutting her stuff down an empty road, which was a far cry from her previous elaborate treatments.
Kahn tweeted, "I did NOT direct Lady GaGa's 'Edge of Glory' video. Lady GaGa did," when GaGa's fans, who were not impressed with the final cut, demanded explanation. Gibson also defended herself by writing, "Listen u disrespectful f**k they had an issue on set I don't lie!!!!! Creative Changes happen always educate ignorant Monster's!!!"
Although Gibson was back to help GaGa in "You and I" video, both of them reportedly continued to have creative differences. Accordingly, the never-ending fight caused the Mother Monster to work with another choreographer for her upcoming "Marry the Night" music video. The singer confirmed it on November 6, "Warming up with my choreographer Richard Jackson, singing + pinning garments till the last moment. So excited for The Night, gonna Marry It." Jackson is one of Gibson's former assistants.
More Lady GaGa News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary