TSA Responds to JWoww's Complaints of Being 'Treated Like a Criminal'
Transportation Security Administration has responded to Jennifer "JWoww" Farley's Twitter rants about her unjust treatment at Hector International Airport in Fargo, North Dakota. In a statement to the press, a TSA representative explained, "As part of TSA's layered approach to security, passengers may be subject to various random screening measures at the checkpoint or the gate."
"In this case, a number of passengers were randomly selected according to a pre-set protocol for gate screening prior to boarding an aircraft," the rep continued on. "This particular screening protocol consisted of a simple swab of passengers' hands and did not include a pat down or additional screening of carry-on items. TSA strives to screen all passengers with dignity and respect while performing its security mission."
Earlier on Sunday, November 13, JWoww fired off a series of angry tweets, claiming that airport security officers singled her out for a pat down before she boarded her flight. "Fargo ND airport just treated me like a criminal..," her first tweet read. "Holy s**t! Travel 2x a week and never went thru what I did here :("
The "Jersey Shore" star followed it up with a longer tweet. "Has anyone got 'randomly selected' while walking on the plane and asked to 'come with them' to be additionally searched?" she asked before claiming, "I wasn't randomly selected cuz I saw the tsa there pointing at me while I was getting a coffee 15 min prior."
The 25-year-old, who was in town for an appearance at The Hub nightclub on Saturday, November 12 night, added in another tweet, "I've been patted down a bunch n don't mind but after I'm getting on a plane seems odd and deliberate to me." She ended the posting by writing, "Hate when people abuse authority."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single