Meryl Streep Is a Ruling Woman in New 'Iron Lady' International Trailer
A brand new international trailer for Meryl Streep-starring biopic about Margaret Thatcher, "The Iron Lady", has been debuted. Coming out via Daily Mail, the trailer sees Streep's magnificent acting as she portrays the U.K. first female Prime Minister. It highlights Thatcher's charismatic political persona as well as her personal vulnerability as a woman.
Streep recently shared to Daily Mail about playing the charismatic politician in the movie. "It took a lot out of me, but it was a privilege to play her, it really was," the Oscar-winning actress said. "It was one of those rare, rare films where I was grateful to be an actor and grateful for the privilege of being able to look at a life deeply with empathy. There's no greater joy."
Though admitting that she was grateful to star as Tatcher, Streep seems to have her own opinion about the politician. "I still don't agree with a lot of her policies," claimed the actress. "But I feel she believed in them and that they came from an honest conviction, and that she wasn't a cosmetic politician just changing make-up to suit the times."
"She stuck what she believed in, and that's a hard thing to do," the 62-year-old star added. "She's still an incredibly divisive figure, but you miss her clarity today. It was all very clear and up front, and I loved that eagerness to mix it up and to make it about ideas."
"The Iron Lady" tells the compelling story of Margaret Thatcher, a woman who smashed through the barriers of gender and class to be heard in a male-dominated world. The story concerns power and the price that is paid for power, and is a surprising and intimate portrait of an extraordinary and complex woman.
Directed by Phyllida Lloyd, the biopic is due to be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 30 and in U.K. on January 6, 2012. Joining Streep in the cast ensemble are Jim Broadbent, Richard E. Grant, Harry Lloyd, Anthony Head, Olivia Colman and Roger Allam.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up