Jennifer Lawrence Gets Fierce in First 'The Hunger Games' Trailer
Introduced by Josh Hutcherson on "Good Morning America" was the first teaser trailer of "The Hunger Games". Jennifer Lawrence is put under the spotlight as District 12's representative Katniss Everdeen who strikes a friendship with some of the other districts' reps despite the fierce competition.
Each year, a twisted entertainment is nationally televised as part of government intimidation tactic as well. A teenage boy or girl is selected as "Tributes" who must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Katniss volunteered as one of the "Tributes" when her younger sister Prim's name came up.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters March 23, 2012.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip