Jennifer Lawrence Gets Fierce in First 'The Hunger Games' Trailer
Introduced by Josh Hutcherson on "Good Morning America" was the first teaser trailer of "The Hunger Games". Jennifer Lawrence is put under the spotlight as District 12's representative Katniss Everdeen who strikes a friendship with some of the other districts' reps despite the fierce competition.
Each year, a twisted entertainment is nationally televised as part of government intimidation tactic as well. A teenage boy or girl is selected as "Tributes" who must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Katniss volunteered as one of the "Tributes" when her younger sister Prim's name came up.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters March 23, 2012.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival