Jennifer Lawrence Gets Fierce in First 'The Hunger Games' Trailer
Introduced by Josh Hutcherson on "Good Morning America" was the first teaser trailer of "The Hunger Games". Jennifer Lawrence is put under the spotlight as District 12's representative Katniss Everdeen who strikes a friendship with some of the other districts' reps despite the fierce competition.
Each year, a twisted entertainment is nationally televised as part of government intimidation tactic as well. A teenage boy or girl is selected as "Tributes" who must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Katniss volunteered as one of the "Tributes" when her younger sister Prim's name came up.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters March 23, 2012.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods