Jennifer Lawrence Gets Fierce in First 'The Hunger Games' Trailer
Introduced by Josh Hutcherson on "Good Morning America" was the first teaser trailer of "The Hunger Games". Jennifer Lawrence is put under the spotlight as District 12's representative Katniss Everdeen who strikes a friendship with some of the other districts' reps despite the fierce competition.
Each year, a twisted entertainment is nationally televised as part of government intimidation tactic as well. A teenage boy or girl is selected as "Tributes" who must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Katniss volunteered as one of the "Tributes" when her younger sister Prim's name came up.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters March 23, 2012.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'