Jennifer Lawrence Gets Fierce in First 'The Hunger Games' Trailer
Introduced by Josh Hutcherson on "Good Morning America" was the first teaser trailer of "The Hunger Games". Jennifer Lawrence is put under the spotlight as District 12's representative Katniss Everdeen who strikes a friendship with some of the other districts' reps despite the fierce competition.
Each year, a twisted entertainment is nationally televised as part of government intimidation tactic as well. A teenage boy or girl is selected as "Tributes" who must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Katniss volunteered as one of the "Tributes" when her younger sister Prim's name came up.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters March 23, 2012.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak