Artist of the Week: Mac Miller
Mac Miller is paving his way to stardom. Taking his music inspirations from the likes of Lauryn Hill and OutKast, the Pittsburg rapper generated buzz in Hip-Hop community with his mixtapes and freestyles. He got more attention than he already had when releasing a song called "Donald Trump".
The song raked in more than 20 million views on YouTube, and got approval from Donald Trump himself. Miller was called the next Eminem by the real estate tycoon, but he played down the comparison. "People were like, 'How could the Donald say that? How could they say that Mac Miller is Eminem? They're different!' Obviously, we're different, dude," he said.
"Don't worry about what Donald Trump calls me," he added. "I was just excited that I've reached a level where someone like that, I'm on their radar. I'm 'bout to hit him to borrow the jet real quick. That man's got paper. I'll get there though. He definitely thinks he's the coolest dude in Hip Hop. He's like, 20 million views, the 'Donald Trump' song, 'I'm pretty proud of that!' "
Aiming big, Miller continues to showcase his rise in the music industry by preparing to release a debut album "Blue Slide Park". He's going to release the effort across the United States on November 15, and has unveiled "Frick Park Market" and "Party on Fifth Ave." as a pre-cursor to the CD. Those two singles peaked at No. 3 and 4 respectively on Billboard Heatseeker Songs.
More Mac Miller News
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger