Artist of the Week: Mac Miller
Mac Miller is paving his way to stardom. Taking his music inspirations from the likes of Lauryn Hill and OutKast, the Pittsburg rapper generated buzz in Hip-Hop community with his mixtapes and freestyles. He got more attention than he already had when releasing a song called "Donald Trump".
The song raked in more than 20 million views on YouTube, and got approval from Donald Trump himself. Miller was called the next Eminem by the real estate tycoon, but he played down the comparison. "People were like, 'How could the Donald say that? How could they say that Mac Miller is Eminem? They're different!' Obviously, we're different, dude," he said.
"Don't worry about what Donald Trump calls me," he added. "I was just excited that I've reached a level where someone like that, I'm on their radar. I'm 'bout to hit him to borrow the jet real quick. That man's got paper. I'll get there though. He definitely thinks he's the coolest dude in Hip Hop. He's like, 20 million views, the 'Donald Trump' song, 'I'm pretty proud of that!' "
Aiming big, Miller continues to showcase his rise in the music industry by preparing to release a debut album "Blue Slide Park". He's going to release the effort across the United States on November 15, and has unveiled "Frick Park Market" and "Party on Fifth Ave." as a pre-cursor to the CD. Those two singles peaked at No. 3 and 4 respectively on Billboard Heatseeker Songs.
More Mac Miller News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift