Kermit and Co. Upstage Amy Adams and Jason Segel at 'Muppets' L.A. Premiere
Kermit the Frog and co. stole the spotlight from Amy Adams and Jason Segel at the Hollywood premiere of "The Muppets". The puppet gang arrived just before the two actors hit the green carpet of the event that took place at the El Capitan Theatre on Saturday, November 12.
Along with Fozzie Bear, Walter, Rowlf and Gonzo, Kermit was seen waving to fans and reporters while riding an SUV on his way to the green carpet. Following behind Kermit and friends was Miss Piggy who rode an elegant convertible. A publicist of the film told reporters, "In case anyone is wondering, Miss Piggy was wearing Jeremy Scott and Louboutins."
At one point, the Muppet gang were seen striking a pose together with their human co-stars, Amy and Jason. Amy looked pretty in an off-shoulder Roland Mouret dress paired with nude Jimmy Choo heels and Irit Design jewels. Meanwhile, Jason opted for a two-piece suit paired with a checkered brown shirt.
While on the green carpet, Jason shared to reporters about the James Bobin-directed comedy movie, "People get a lot of laughs by making fun of people, and the Muppets never do that." He added, "I thought it was an important reminder just to be nice. That's the message of the Muppets."
The event was also attended by a slew of celebrities who appear as cameos in the family film. They included Neil Patrick Harris, Kristen Schaal, Chris Cooper, Mickey Rooney, Rico Rodriguez and Rashida Jones. "American Pie" actress Alyson Hannigan, "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Nancy Grace and her partner Tristan MacManus, as well as veteran actor Anthony Hopkins were among the other celebrity guests that night.
To open in U.S. theaters on November 23, "The Muppets" follows Jason's Gary and his girlfriend Amy's Mary who must round up and convince the now retired entertainers from the original Muppet Show to help save the famous television studio where the original variety series was filmed in. Villainous Tex Richman is due to take over the property, and wants to destroy the theater and drill for oil underneath.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly