Kim Kardashian Sues Ex-Publicist for Making Defamatory Claims
It's getting messier in Kim Kardashian's divorce from Kris Humphries because she is now suing a former publicist whom she claimed has been spreading lies about her. Jonathan Jaxson is served a legal paper for violating a written agreement that they signed years ago.
Jonathan, who is promoting his book, went to the media to say that Kim's marriage was staged. For all Kim knows, he only did a PR work for her once years ago on a blog and she barely remembered him. Per TMZ, Kim is surprised how Jonathan started talking about her marriage while the fact is they have not been in contact for a long time.
Kim hires Hollywood attorney Marty Singer to prevent Jonathan from making anymore claims. Marty submitted papers to a private arbitration in which it is stated that her reputation has been damaged by his allegedly defamatory statements. "Everything that he is saying is false and nonsense ... This guy is in it to promote himself for his 15 mins of fame," Marty said.
Kim is seeking $200,000 in damages, minimum.
In response to the lawsuit, Jonathan said, "I have never signed an agreement dealing with confidentiality with Kim Kardashian. I have an agreement in my possession that does not have either parties signature on it."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split