Conrad Murray Explains Propofol Injection and Delayed 911 Call
In his best attempt to explain what happened on the morning Michael Jackson died, Dr. Conrad Murray appeared on a documentary which aired Friday, November 11 on MSNBC. The personal physician of the late King of Pop said that he gave MJ a "tiny bit" of Propofol to "tip" him into sleep.
In "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Relationship", Murray talked about lengthy subjects to fill in the blanks including why he did not call 911 straight away after MJ collapsed. Murray said that MJ's sleeping problem got worse that day although he has given him various sedatives such as Valium, Lorazepam and Midazolam.
MJ began begging for "some milk" aka Propofol so Murray gave him a tiny dose. "If I give him just a tiny amount of Propofol ... 25 milligrams, slowly infused, I may just tip him into sleep ... and the other medications will now get a chance to work because he had a fair amount of medication on board," he said.
He also admitted to leaving the bedside for more than two minutes to make a call. He insisted that "something happened" when he was away from the room, referring to MJ's addiction to Propofol and the possibility that the singer had injected a fatal dose of the drug himself.
Regarding why he did not call emergency services right away, Murray said he is a trained physician who could do whatever paramedics could do. Ironically this topic and his defense were never put on any evidence during the trial.
But Murray said that he did not regret knowing MJ in first place. "Certainly he was deceptive by not sharing with me his whole medical history, doctors he was seeing, treatment that he might have been receiving," he said.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?