Paul Bettany Is 'Masters of Sex' in Showtime's Pilot
Paul Bettany is set to make his debut in American television with "Masters of Sex". The 40-year-old British actor has landed a role as sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime pilot.
Adapted from Thomas Maier's book, the drama show chronicles the lives, romance and pop culture trajectory of 1960s human sexuality pioneers Masters and Virginia Johnson. Michelle Ashford writes the script, while John Madden is on board as the director.
Both Ashford and Madden will additionally serve as executive producers along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Judith Verno.
Bettany's recent feature film credits include "Legion", "The Tourist", "Priest" and "Margin Call". He also lent his voice for J.A.R.V.I.S. in "Iron Man 2" and will tackle the same duty in "The Avengers".
More Paul Bettany News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday