Paul Bettany Is 'Masters of Sex' in Showtime's Pilot
Paul Bettany is set to make his debut in American television with "Masters of Sex". The 40-year-old British actor has landed a role as sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime pilot.
Adapted from Thomas Maier's book, the drama show chronicles the lives, romance and pop culture trajectory of 1960s human sexuality pioneers Masters and Virginia Johnson. Michelle Ashford writes the script, while John Madden is on board as the director.
Both Ashford and Madden will additionally serve as executive producers along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Judith Verno.
Bettany's recent feature film credits include "Legion", "The Tourist", "Priest" and "Margin Call". He also lent his voice for J.A.R.V.I.S. in "Iron Man 2" and will tackle the same duty in "The Avengers".
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia