Paul Bettany Is 'Masters of Sex' in Showtime's Pilot
Paul Bettany is set to make his debut in American television with "Masters of Sex". The 40-year-old British actor has landed a role as sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime pilot.
Adapted from Thomas Maier's book, the drama show chronicles the lives, romance and pop culture trajectory of 1960s human sexuality pioneers Masters and Virginia Johnson. Michelle Ashford writes the script, while John Madden is on board as the director.
Both Ashford and Madden will additionally serve as executive producers along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Judith Verno.
Bettany's recent feature film credits include "Legion", "The Tourist", "Priest" and "Margin Call". He also lent his voice for J.A.R.V.I.S. in "Iron Man 2" and will tackle the same duty in "The Avengers".
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson