Paul Bettany Is 'Masters of Sex' in Showtime's Pilot
Paul Bettany is set to make his debut in American television with "Masters of Sex". The 40-year-old British actor has landed a role as sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime pilot.
Adapted from Thomas Maier's book, the drama show chronicles the lives, romance and pop culture trajectory of 1960s human sexuality pioneers Masters and Virginia Johnson. Michelle Ashford writes the script, while John Madden is on board as the director.
Both Ashford and Madden will additionally serve as executive producers along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Judith Verno.
Bettany's recent feature film credits include "Legion", "The Tourist", "Priest" and "Margin Call". He also lent his voice for J.A.R.V.I.S. in "Iron Man 2" and will tackle the same duty in "The Avengers".
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale