Paul Bettany Is 'Masters of Sex' in Showtime's Pilot
Paul Bettany is set to make his debut in American television with "Masters of Sex". The 40-year-old British actor has landed a role as sex education researcher William Masters in the Showtime pilot.
Adapted from Thomas Maier's book, the drama show chronicles the lives, romance and pop culture trajectory of 1960s human sexuality pioneers Masters and Virginia Johnson. Michelle Ashford writes the script, while John Madden is on board as the director.
Both Ashford and Madden will additionally serve as executive producers along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Judith Verno.
Bettany's recent feature film credits include "Legion", "The Tourist", "Priest" and "Margin Call". He also lent his voice for J.A.R.V.I.S. in "Iron Man 2" and will tackle the same duty in "The Avengers".
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch