Sacha Baron Cohen Close to Star as Gambler in 'Django Unchained'
Sacha Baron Cohen is one step closer to land a role in high-profile film project, "Django Unchained". The English funnyman, who is famously known for starring in "Borat", is in final negotiation to play Scotty Harmony in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming star-studded drama.
According to Variety, Baron Cohen's character is described as "a gambler who buys Django's wife as a female companion." Though the role is small, it is said that Tarantino was very concern about choosing the suitable actor to take the part, given that the character plays an important role in the story.
"Django Unchained", which will be released in U.S. theaters on December 25, 2012, follows Django, a freed slave who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter Ace Woody, becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself. After assisting Woody in taking down some bad guys for profit, he tracks down his slave wife and liberates her from an evil plantation owner.
Should Baron Cohen join the film, he will star opposite Jamie Foxx who plays the titular character, Christoph Waltz who stars as Ace Woody, Leonardo DiCaprio who portrays the plantation owner, and Kerry Washington who tackles Django's wife. Samuel L. Jackson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kurt Russell, Don Johnson and RZA among others also support the film.
Baron Cohen will soon be seen in Martin Scorsese's adventure film "Hugo", which will be unleashed in the U.S. on November 23. His forthcoming movie projects include "The Dictator", a film inspired by the late Iraq tyrant Saddam Hussein, as well as a biopic about the late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed