'One That Got Away' Music Video: Aged Katy Perry Lives in Regret
After posing as an otherworldly goddess in "E.T." and a teen nerd in "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", Katy Perry appears as an old lady in his latest music video which is filmed for her single "The One That Got Away". Living a loveless life, she sings about the pain of losing someone she held dearly in her heart.
"The past is like a handful of dust. It filters through your fingers, disappearing little by little," Katy expresses her regret for not fighting harder to keep him. "I wish for one day I could go back. In another life, I would do things differently." Her lost love is played by Mexican movie star Diego Luna.
"The One That Got Away" itself is taken from Katy's 2010 summer album "Teenage Dream". "I'm so pleased to select 'The One That Got Away' as my 6th single because this song shows a very different side of me that I haven't shown with my past singles on this record," the 27-year-old singer said of the latest single.
Its music video comes from direction hands of Floria Sigismondi, the same man who worked on her critically-acclaimed clip for Kanye West-featured "E.T." As if the newly-premiered music video is not enough, there would be an extended version which "premieres at advance screenings of 'My Week with Marilyn' 2night," it was announced on November 11.
More Katy Perry News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape