Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Named Vogue's Most Stylish Sisters of 2011
Mary-Kate Olsen and her twin sister Ashley Olsen have been named the most stylish sisters of 2011 by a fashion magazine. Finally landing on the cover of Vogue, the child stars-turned-clothing designer duo topped the list of the magazine's latest Best Dressed issue, which will hit newsstands across the United States on November 15.
Mark Holgate, Vogue Fashion News Director and Editor of the best dressed issue, told Reuters that picking the twins for the title is "kind of a no-brainer." He continued to point out, "Are there any more chic, stylish, cool, and original sisters than Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen? They are incredibly stylish."
In the past, the former stars of "Full House" have landed on worst dressed lists, but Holgate was quick to note its positive side. "They get it right a lot of the time and then sometimes they don't get it right. That's actually great because it shows that it's their hands reaching into their wardrobes," he said.
"They don't have someone telling them, 'This is cool, this is hot, this is what you should be wearing.' It comes from within them. It's instinctual," Holgate further gushed. "Look at what they've done with [their fashion labels] The Row and Elizabeth & James. They are legitimate fashion forces."
While Mary-Kate and Ashley took the crown, Dakota Fanning and Elle Fanning landed on No. 2. Also making it into the list were Beyonce Knowles and Solange Knowles on No. 7, and Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and her sister Pippa Middleton on No. 9. Rounding up the top 10 were Rooney Mara and Kate Mara.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut