Katy Perry: If It Doesn't Hurt the First Time, I Want a Lot of Kids
Katy Perry isn't ready to put numbers on how many kids she will have just yet. The "California Gurls" hitmaker stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for an interview to air Friday, November 11, and asked if she wants "a lot of kids". In her response, she said, "If it doesn't hurt the first time... I'll keep popping them out."
During the chat, the 27-year-old admitted to host Ellen DeGeneres that she isn't quite ready to become a mother, but did note, "I would love to have children." She elaborated her statement, "I think that's one of the reasons you get married, especially to the person that you marry. You think, 'That person is going to be a good partner, a good parent.' "
Baby talk aside, the singer who has just celebrated the one-year anniversary of her marriage to Russell Brand made the announcement on the show that she will be holding a free concert at Staples Center in Los Angeles on November 23. "I am giving thanks to all of my fans," she said.
"This is my big announcement on Ellen that no one has heard about or knows about," she gushed, before explaining, "I played 121 shows up in to the 23rd date, and I want to finish it off by renting out Staples myself and giving a free concert to anyone in the world that wants to come to the California Dreams tour as my last show."
More Katy Perry News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video