Lauren Alaina to Sing National Anthem Before NFL's Thanksgiving Game
Lauren Alaina has been chosen to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the first game of the NFL's Thanksgiving Day game. The runner-up of "American Idol" season 10 will sing her rendition of the National Anthem before the Detroit Lions face off the Green Bay Packers on November 24.
During the halftime of the Thursday football championship, Nickelback will rock the Ford Field to entertain the sport mania. The announcement is made regardless of an online fan petition which opposed the recruitment of the Canadian band because they wanted a group with stronger local ties.
Unfazed with the protest, frontman Chad Kroeger said, "We are honored to perform at the United Way halftime show on Thanksgiving Day. We always love playing in Detroit, our fans there have been tremendously supportive of us through the years and we can't wait to come back and celebrate an exciting day for the Lions and the city of Detroit."
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'