Lauren Alaina to Sing National Anthem Before NFL's Thanksgiving Game
Lauren Alaina has been chosen to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the first game of the NFL's Thanksgiving Day game. The runner-up of "American Idol" season 10 will sing her rendition of the National Anthem before the Detroit Lions face off the Green Bay Packers on November 24.
During the halftime of the Thursday football championship, Nickelback will rock the Ford Field to entertain the sport mania. The announcement is made regardless of an online fan petition which opposed the recruitment of the Canadian band because they wanted a group with stronger local ties.
Unfazed with the protest, frontman Chad Kroeger said, "We are honored to perform at the United Way halftime show on Thanksgiving Day. We always love playing in Detroit, our fans there have been tremendously supportive of us through the years and we can't wait to come back and celebrate an exciting day for the Lions and the city of Detroit."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off