Lauren Alaina to Sing National Anthem Before NFL's Thanksgiving Game
Lauren Alaina has been chosen to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the first game of the NFL's Thanksgiving Day game. The runner-up of "American Idol" season 10 will sing her rendition of the National Anthem before the Detroit Lions face off the Green Bay Packers on November 24.
During the halftime of the Thursday football championship, Nickelback will rock the Ford Field to entertain the sport mania. The announcement is made regardless of an online fan petition which opposed the recruitment of the Canadian band because they wanted a group with stronger local ties.
Unfazed with the protest, frontman Chad Kroeger said, "We are honored to perform at the United Way halftime show on Thanksgiving Day. We always love playing in Detroit, our fans there have been tremendously supportive of us through the years and we can't wait to come back and celebrate an exciting day for the Lions and the city of Detroit."
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream