Lauren Alaina to Sing National Anthem Before NFL's Thanksgiving Game
Lauren Alaina has been chosen to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the first game of the NFL's Thanksgiving Day game. The runner-up of "American Idol" season 10 will sing her rendition of the National Anthem before the Detroit Lions face off the Green Bay Packers on November 24.
During the halftime of the Thursday football championship, Nickelback will rock the Ford Field to entertain the sport mania. The announcement is made regardless of an online fan petition which opposed the recruitment of the Canadian band because they wanted a group with stronger local ties.
Unfazed with the protest, frontman Chad Kroeger said, "We are honored to perform at the United Way halftime show on Thanksgiving Day. We always love playing in Detroit, our fans there have been tremendously supportive of us through the years and we can't wait to come back and celebrate an exciting day for the Lions and the city of Detroit."
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli