Lauren Alaina to Sing National Anthem Before NFL's Thanksgiving Game
Lauren Alaina has been chosen to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the first game of the NFL's Thanksgiving Day game. The runner-up of "American Idol" season 10 will sing her rendition of the National Anthem before the Detroit Lions face off the Green Bay Packers on November 24.
During the halftime of the Thursday football championship, Nickelback will rock the Ford Field to entertain the sport mania. The announcement is made regardless of an online fan petition which opposed the recruitment of the Canadian band because they wanted a group with stronger local ties.
Unfazed with the protest, frontman Chad Kroeger said, "We are honored to perform at the United Way halftime show on Thanksgiving Day. We always love playing in Detroit, our fans there have been tremendously supportive of us through the years and we can't wait to come back and celebrate an exciting day for the Lions and the city of Detroit."
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos