Bradley Cooper Turns Down Lead Role in 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
It seems that "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" is still far from finding its lead character. The Wrap reported that Bradley Cooper has turned down the offer to play Napoleon Solo in the remake movie. However, the exact reason of his withdrawal is still unknown.
Director Steven Soderbergh had previously eyed George Clooney to tackle the part of Solo. Back in August, Clooney decided not to take the offer reportedly because of scheduling problem. The character of Solo was first made famous by Robert Vaughn on the original 1964 TV series.
Additionally, Warner Bros. Pictures is still looking for a suitable actor to play Solo's trusted partner llya Kuryakin, a character which was originally played by David McCallum. It has been rumored that Joel Edgerton is eyed to take the role.
The original "Man From U.N.C.L.E." follows Solo and Kuryakin who work for a secret international espionage and law-enforcement agency called U.N.C.L.E. (United Network Command for Law and Enforcement). The pair intent to save the world from a criminal organization called T.H.R.U.S.H. The script for the upcoming remake is written by "Contagion" scribe Scott Z. Burns.
As for Cooper, the "Limitless" actor has just been attached to star as Lucifer in Alex Proyas' upcoming drama "Paradise Lost". He is currently shooting for "The Silver Linings Playbook", which also stars Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa