David Schwimmer Eyed to Play Mob Hitman in 'The Iceman'
David Schwimmer is not well-known for portraying a dark, evil character, but he might star as a notorious killer in his new movie. The actor, who is famously known for his role as Ross Geller in TV hit series "Friends", is currently in talks to play the antagonist character in Ariel Vromen's thriller "The Iceman".
The 45-year-old thesp, who lends his voice to Melman in the "Madagascar" film franchise, is in negotiations to star as Josh Rosenthal in the film project. Variety described his Rosenthal character as "a killer who works for mob boss Roy Demeo. He looks at Demeo as a father figure and will do almost anything to impress him."
Should he land the role, Schwimmer will join Emmy winner Ray Liotta who plays Demeo, and Oscar nominee Michael Shannon who portrays the male lead role Richard Kuklinski. The film also has Maggie Gyllenhaal as Kuklinski's wife Deborah and Elias Koteas as an undercover FBI agent.
Based on a novel by Anthony Bruno titled "The Iceman: The True Story of a Cold-Blooded Killer", "The Iceman" revolves around Kuklinski, who is a family man by day and a notorious contract killer by night. The production for the thriller movie is scheduled to kick off January 2012 in Louisiana.
As for Schwimmer, the "Big Nothing" actor has been busy with his directional stints in the past few years. He made his helming debut in 2007 with British comedy starring Simon Pegg, "Run Fatboy Run", and recently directed a thriller called "Trust", which stars Clive Owen and Catherine Keener. He will reprise his role as Melman in upcoming "Madagascar 3".
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie