Heavy D Had Flu-Like Symptoms Before His Death, Coroner Says
Details surrounding Heavy D's untimely death have slowly emerged. According to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, the 44-year-old rapper was already sick before he suddenly collapsed outside his Beverly Hills condominium on Tuesday, November 8. Assistant Chief Ed Winter told the Daily News, "He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms."
Supporting the coroner's statement was Heavy's cousin, Ruddy Phillips. After speaking with the "Now That We Found Love" MC's dad in Mount Vernon, New York, the 50-year-old informed the publication, "He said he had a touch of pneumonia, maybe from traveling," adding, "He just got back from England."
Offering more details, Winter noted that Heavy visited his doctor the day before he died and weighed 344 pounds at the time of death. An autopsy has been completed on Wednesday, November 9 morning, but the coroner won't release any cause of death until toxicology tests are performed, reasoning that the rapper "was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were."
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died Tuesday afternoon at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit