Heavy D Had Flu-Like Symptoms Before His Death, Coroner Says
Details surrounding Heavy D's untimely death have slowly emerged. According to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, the 44-year-old rapper was already sick before he suddenly collapsed outside his Beverly Hills condominium on Tuesday, November 8. Assistant Chief Ed Winter told the Daily News, "He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms."
Supporting the coroner's statement was Heavy's cousin, Ruddy Phillips. After speaking with the "Now That We Found Love" MC's dad in Mount Vernon, New York, the 50-year-old informed the publication, "He said he had a touch of pneumonia, maybe from traveling," adding, "He just got back from England."
Offering more details, Winter noted that Heavy visited his doctor the day before he died and weighed 344 pounds at the time of death. An autopsy has been completed on Wednesday, November 9 morning, but the coroner won't release any cause of death until toxicology tests are performed, reasoning that the rapper "was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were."
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died Tuesday afternoon at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'