Heavy D Had Flu-Like Symptoms Before His Death, Coroner Says
Details surrounding Heavy D's untimely death have slowly emerged. According to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, the 44-year-old rapper was already sick before he suddenly collapsed outside his Beverly Hills condominium on Tuesday, November 8. Assistant Chief Ed Winter told the Daily News, "He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms."
Supporting the coroner's statement was Heavy's cousin, Ruddy Phillips. After speaking with the "Now That We Found Love" MC's dad in Mount Vernon, New York, the 50-year-old informed the publication, "He said he had a touch of pneumonia, maybe from traveling," adding, "He just got back from England."
Offering more details, Winter noted that Heavy visited his doctor the day before he died and weighed 344 pounds at the time of death. An autopsy has been completed on Wednesday, November 9 morning, but the coroner won't release any cause of death until toxicology tests are performed, reasoning that the rapper "was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were."
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died Tuesday afternoon at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young