Heavy D Had Flu-Like Symptoms Before His Death, Coroner Says
Details surrounding Heavy D's untimely death have slowly emerged. According to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, the 44-year-old rapper was already sick before he suddenly collapsed outside his Beverly Hills condominium on Tuesday, November 8. Assistant Chief Ed Winter told the Daily News, "He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms."
Supporting the coroner's statement was Heavy's cousin, Ruddy Phillips. After speaking with the "Now That We Found Love" MC's dad in Mount Vernon, New York, the 50-year-old informed the publication, "He said he had a touch of pneumonia, maybe from traveling," adding, "He just got back from England."
Offering more details, Winter noted that Heavy visited his doctor the day before he died and weighed 344 pounds at the time of death. An autopsy has been completed on Wednesday, November 9 morning, but the coroner won't release any cause of death until toxicology tests are performed, reasoning that the rapper "was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were."
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, died Tuesday afternoon at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. A 911 call was made at 11:25 A.M. PT after the rapper fell unconscious on the walkway of his home. When paramedics arrived, he was conscious and able to communicate though experiencing trouble breathing. He was pronounced dead around an hour later.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed