Justin Bieber Puts Up His Pet Snake for Charity Auction
Justin Bieber is giving away his pet snake for a good cause. The boyfriend of Selena Gomez has put Johnson, the peach-colored boa constrictor he brought to the 2011 Video Music Awards, up for an auction that will benefit Pencils of Promise, a nonprofit group that funds schools in the poorest parts of the world.
The baby boa constrictor has an estimated value of $1,000, according to auction site CharityBuzz. 10 bids have been made since the auction was opened on Friday, November 4. The current bid as of press time is $1,750. Bidding will be closed on Tuesday, November 29 at 2:16:00 PM EST.
Since boa constrictors can live 20 years or more in captivity, CharityBuzz warns, "Keeping a pet snake is a long term responsibility. Before making any decision about keeping one please ensure you have the money, space, knowledge, time, resources and enthusiasm required to properly care for the species you intend to keep, for the duration of it's life."
The auction site also stated that "the welfare of this snake is the sole responsibility of the adopter," who has to agree to "give the snake good care which includes quality premium food, fresh water, sanitation and grooming, clean and secure indoor housing, clean and secure outdoor housing and overall safety". Winning bidder must also guarantee veterinary care will be provided.
More Justin Bieber News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018