Mariah Carey: My Short-Lived Marriage Comment Isn't About Kim Kardashian
Mariah Carey may have bragged about not divorcing husband Nick Cannon after four months of marriage, but she didn't mean it as a jab at Kim Kardashian's 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries. When sitting down with AJ Calloway of Extra, the "Obsessed" singer clarified the statement she made during a recent Jenny press conference.
"First of all, I don't read the tabloids unless it's about me," she made it clear. "And even then, when it is about me, I try not to read it unless it's good. I don't look at these people; I don't even know what it is, but I do know that marriages come and go really quickly in Hollywood. A lot of people have high-profile moments and then they get a divorce and I'm sure it's very painful for them."
"My thing is I don't want that. I got married to stay married," the 42-year-old, who recently revealed she's lost 70 lbs after giving birth, continued. "I want some stability for our kids, and Nick feels the same way. Not only are we both kind of jokesters, for the lack of a better word, we are also kind of provincial in that way. I think we both believe in trying to make it through. I'm proud of it."
Mariah made the comment that seems to be dissing Kim when she was unveiled as the new spokesperson for Jenny on Wednesday, November 9. Speaking of her marriage at the Four Seasons in New York City, she said, "I'm a real person, I'm not going to put on a fake face for Hollywood. Sometimes we make each other mad, that's why we aren't divorced after four months."
Kim herself filed for divorce from Kris, the NBA player she married in August, on October 31. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star has since faced backlash over her decision to end the marriage, but she has defended herself by writing on her blog, "I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon."
More Mariah Carey News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says