Mariah Carey: My Short-Lived Marriage Comment Isn't About Kim Kardashian
Mariah Carey may have bragged about not divorcing husband Nick Cannon after four months of marriage, but she didn't mean it as a jab at Kim Kardashian's 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries. When sitting down with AJ Calloway of Extra, the "Obsessed" singer clarified the statement she made during a recent Jenny press conference.
"First of all, I don't read the tabloids unless it's about me," she made it clear. "And even then, when it is about me, I try not to read it unless it's good. I don't look at these people; I don't even know what it is, but I do know that marriages come and go really quickly in Hollywood. A lot of people have high-profile moments and then they get a divorce and I'm sure it's very painful for them."
"My thing is I don't want that. I got married to stay married," the 42-year-old, who recently revealed she's lost 70 lbs after giving birth, continued. "I want some stability for our kids, and Nick feels the same way. Not only are we both kind of jokesters, for the lack of a better word, we are also kind of provincial in that way. I think we both believe in trying to make it through. I'm proud of it."
Mariah made the comment that seems to be dissing Kim when she was unveiled as the new spokesperson for Jenny on Wednesday, November 9. Speaking of her marriage at the Four Seasons in New York City, she said, "I'm a real person, I'm not going to put on a fake face for Hollywood. Sometimes we make each other mad, that's why we aren't divorced after four months."
Kim herself filed for divorce from Kris, the NBA player she married in August, on October 31. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star has since faced backlash over her decision to end the marriage, but she has defended herself by writing on her blog, "I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon."
More Mariah Carey News
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings