CMA Awards 2011: Lady Antebellum Join Winner List
The 45th annual Country Music Awards continues by handing Album of the Year to Jason Aldean. He is presented the trophy by ESPN sportscaster Erin Andrews and World Series MVP David Freese. This becomes his second win of the night after he previously claimed Musical Event of the Year.
Jason wins Album of the Year through his latest studio installment "My Kinda Party". The country music crooner triumphs over Blake Shelton (All About Tonight), Taylor Swift (Speak Now), Brad Paisley (This Is Country Music), and Zac Brown Band (You Get What You Give).
The November 9 event marks Jason's first CMA win. When taking the stage of the Bridgestone Arena to collect his second prize, the "Don't You Wanna Stay" singer uses the opportunity to thank his family, people in his label and management, as well as producer Michael Knox who discovered him in a club years ago.
Next, it's Lady Antebellum who are invited to the stage to collect their award. Hillary Scott and her bandmates are named Vocal Group of the Year, and are given the gong by Leann Rimes and Billy Currington. They beat The Band Perry, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts and Zac Brown Band in the category.
Although Jason has already got two awards, it seems that the big winner of the night is The Band Perry. The Kimberly Perry band receive their third gong by winning New Artist of the Year over Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Thompson Square and Chris Young. They are handed the prize by Lauren Alaina and Jake Owen.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie