CMA Awards 2011: Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson and Sugarland Among Early Winners
Hosted by duo Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, this year's Ccountry Music Association (CMA) Awards has just been kicked off at 8 P.M. EST, and broadcast live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on ABC. Some of the musicians who won early at the event were Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney.
Jason grabbed Musical Event of the Year through his performance with Kelly Clarkson in "Don't You Wanna Stay". This becomes the first CMA win for both of them. They pushed aside the likes of Kenny, Brad Paisley, Zac Brown Band, Loretta Lynn, Sheryl Crow and Miranda Lambert.
Kenny, meanwhile, took home Music Video of the Year, thanks to his "You and Tequila" clip which features Grace Potter. He beat Blake Shelton ("Honey Bee"), The Band Perry ("If I Die Young"), Taylor Swift ("Mean"), and Brad ("Old Alabama" ft. Alabama).
Although losing Music Video of the Year, The Band Perry still managed to get a coveted prize in Single of the Year. Celebrating their first ever CMA win, they got the prize after having a stiff competition with Jason, Blake, Sara Evans and Zac Brown's band.
Later in the evening, Kimberly Perry and friends came back to the stage to accept another kudo. They were presented Song of the Year by Kellie Pickler and Kellan Lutz. In winning the award, they once again beat Zac Brown's band and Jason in addition to triumphing over Taylor and Kenny.
Another early CMA winner was Mac McAnally who brought home Musician of the Year. This marks his victory in the category for four years in a row. The 54-year-old musician, who got his first CMA win in 2008, beat Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Paul Franklin and Dann Huff.
Sugarland also won early that night. Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles were handed Vocal Duo of the Year by Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas. They took down such strong competitors as The Civil Wars, Montgomery Gentry, Steel Magnolia and Thompson Square.
Celebrating its 45th anniversary, CMA Awards is going to made merry with live performances from Sugarland and Scotty McCreery. The other performers include Miranda, Blake, Taylor, Kenny, Keith Urban, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Lady Antebellum and Natasha Bedingfield.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?