Morgan Freeman Wins Cecil B. DeMille Award at 69th Golden Globes
Morgan Freeman has been selected to be the recipient of Cecil B. DeMille Award at next year's Golden Globe Awards. The news was shared by actress Amy Adams and writer slash director Pedro Almodovar on behalf of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on Wednesday, November 9 morning.
"Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman is one of the most recognizable figures in American cinema," read the HFPA press release. "His works are among the most critically and commercially successful films of all time and Freeman himself ranks 10th among worldwide top-grossing actors of all time."
The 69th annual Golden Globe Awards will be held on Sunday, January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Freeman, who has received five Golden Globe nominations in the past and won two of them, is the successor of other lifetime achievement recipients such as Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Poitier, Barbra Streisand and Robert De Niro.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie