Morgan Freeman Wins Cecil B. DeMille Award at 69th Golden Globes
Morgan Freeman has been selected to be the recipient of Cecil B. DeMille Award at next year's Golden Globe Awards. The news was shared by actress Amy Adams and writer slash director Pedro Almodovar on behalf of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on Wednesday, November 9 morning.
"Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman is one of the most recognizable figures in American cinema," read the HFPA press release. "His works are among the most critically and commercially successful films of all time and Freeman himself ranks 10th among worldwide top-grossing actors of all time."
The 69th annual Golden Globe Awards will be held on Sunday, January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Freeman, who has received five Golden Globe nominations in the past and won two of them, is the successor of other lifetime achievement recipients such as Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Poitier, Barbra Streisand and Robert De Niro.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting