Morgan Freeman Wins Cecil B. DeMille Award at 69th Golden Globes
Morgan Freeman has been selected to be the recipient of Cecil B. DeMille Award at next year's Golden Globe Awards. The news was shared by actress Amy Adams and writer slash director Pedro Almodovar on behalf of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on Wednesday, November 9 morning.
"Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman is one of the most recognizable figures in American cinema," read the HFPA press release. "His works are among the most critically and commercially successful films of all time and Freeman himself ranks 10th among worldwide top-grossing actors of all time."
The 69th annual Golden Globe Awards will be held on Sunday, January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Freeman, who has received five Golden Globe nominations in the past and won two of them, is the successor of other lifetime achievement recipients such as Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Poitier, Barbra Streisand and Robert De Niro.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival