Morgan Freeman Wins Cecil B. DeMille Award at 69th Golden Globes
Morgan Freeman has been selected to be the recipient of Cecil B. DeMille Award at next year's Golden Globe Awards. The news was shared by actress Amy Adams and writer slash director Pedro Almodovar on behalf of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on Wednesday, November 9 morning.
"Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman is one of the most recognizable figures in American cinema," read the HFPA press release. "His works are among the most critically and commercially successful films of all time and Freeman himself ranks 10th among worldwide top-grossing actors of all time."
The 69th annual Golden Globe Awards will be held on Sunday, January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Freeman, who has received five Golden Globe nominations in the past and won two of them, is the successor of other lifetime achievement recipients such as Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Poitier, Barbra Streisand and Robert De Niro.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?