Morgan Freeman Wins Cecil B. DeMille Award at 69th Golden Globes
Morgan Freeman has been selected to be the recipient of Cecil B. DeMille Award at next year's Golden Globe Awards. The news was shared by actress Amy Adams and writer slash director Pedro Almodovar on behalf of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on Wednesday, November 9 morning.
"Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman is one of the most recognizable figures in American cinema," read the HFPA press release. "His works are among the most critically and commercially successful films of all time and Freeman himself ranks 10th among worldwide top-grossing actors of all time."
The 69th annual Golden Globe Awards will be held on Sunday, January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Freeman, who has received five Golden Globe nominations in the past and won two of them, is the successor of other lifetime achievement recipients such as Alfred Hitchcock, Sidney Poitier, Barbra Streisand and Robert De Niro.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?