Britney Spears' Sister Made Her Debut as Country Singer
Jamie Lynn Spears started as Britney Spears' little sister who starred in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" and got pregnant at the age of 16. After a break from the limelight following her daughter's birth, the now 20-year-old star re-emerges as a country singer.
She took the stage at The Rutledge in Nashville on Monday, November 7, playing a number of original songs. Jamie Lynn invited her friends and family members including her parents and grandparent to watch her from the audience seat. Spotted among the crowd as well was country singer Pam Tillis.
Jamie Lynn's mom Lynne Spears told People, "I am so emotional tonight". Her father, Jamie, added "We are so proud of her." Jamie Lynn tweeted after the show, "Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!!"
The news of Jamie Lynn coming out as a singer comes rather unsurprising because she and daughter Maddie moved to Nashville two years ago to give her country music career a kick start. Also, back in April it was rumored that she was about to release her debut single. It is yet clear when the single and an album will eventually come out.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby