Britney Spears' Sister Made Her Debut as Country Singer
Jamie Lynn Spears started as Britney Spears' little sister who starred in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" and got pregnant at the age of 16. After a break from the limelight following her daughter's birth, the now 20-year-old star re-emerges as a country singer.
She took the stage at The Rutledge in Nashville on Monday, November 7, playing a number of original songs. Jamie Lynn invited her friends and family members including her parents and grandparent to watch her from the audience seat. Spotted among the crowd as well was country singer Pam Tillis.
Jamie Lynn's mom Lynne Spears told People, "I am so emotional tonight". Her father, Jamie, added "We are so proud of her." Jamie Lynn tweeted after the show, "Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!!"
The news of Jamie Lynn coming out as a singer comes rather unsurprising because she and daughter Maddie moved to Nashville two years ago to give her country music career a kick start. Also, back in April it was rumored that she was about to release her debut single. It is yet clear when the single and an album will eventually come out.
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies