Britney Spears' Sister Made Her Debut as Country Singer
Jamie Lynn Spears started as Britney Spears' little sister who starred in Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" and got pregnant at the age of 16. After a break from the limelight following her daughter's birth, the now 20-year-old star re-emerges as a country singer.
She took the stage at The Rutledge in Nashville on Monday, November 7, playing a number of original songs. Jamie Lynn invited her friends and family members including her parents and grandparent to watch her from the audience seat. Spotted among the crowd as well was country singer Pam Tillis.
Jamie Lynn's mom Lynne Spears told People, "I am so emotional tonight". Her father, Jamie, added "We are so proud of her." Jamie Lynn tweeted after the show, "Just wanna thank all my amazing friends and family for coming out tonight!!!!"
The news of Jamie Lynn coming out as a singer comes rather unsurprising because she and daughter Maddie moved to Nashville two years ago to give her country music career a kick start. Also, back in April it was rumored that she was about to release her debut single. It is yet clear when the single and an album will eventually come out.
More Jamie Lynn Spears News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'