Drake and Lil Wayne Cancel Duet Album Due to Jay-Z and Kanye's 'Watch the Throne'
Drake and Lil Wayne are no longer paired up to make a collaborative album. Both of the Young Money heavyweight rappers agree to call off the duet in order to avoid being compared to fellow MCs Jay-Z and Kanye West, who have already dropped a similar project "Watch the Throne" earlier this year.
"Me and Wayne scrapped the idea of a collaboration album," Drizzy told XXL mag. "We just agreed that it would be looked upon as... It would be sort of this competition [with 'Watch the Throne']. I feel like it would get caught in this whirlwind of hype. [Weezy] agreed. We just said, 'If we do it, we'll do it down the line. But right now is not the time'."
Instead of doing a collab with Weezy, Drizzy crafts a mixtape with Rick Ross under the title of "Y.O.L.O." which means You Only Live Once. "I've been working on that for the last couple of weeks," the Canadian rapper shared about his project with the Maybach Music boss. "We haven't really connected because he's been going through this thing with his health."
Though so, Drizzy has already had some rhymes to deliver. "I've been stashing my little beats and verses. I don't have a drop date for it or a time for it. To be honest, it's something I just really wanted to pop up out of nowhere. I'm not gonna release no single or anything. It's something I want to do because I enjoy like working with Ross."
The "Marvin's Room" crooner is currently promoting his second studio album "Take Care" which is coming out in the United States on November 15. When the album leaked a few days ago, he said he's "looking forward to hearing the feedback from everyone." He believed that "a reasonable leak" would help boost the album sales, instead of bringing them down.
Drizzy took different route in making the album. Instead of having an overblown production, he chose to record his new materials in low-key sessions. "That's one of the biggest stories behind this album, it's either my way or we're not doing it - in everything," he once explained. "Every photo shoot, every video, every step I'm taking I feel like I've earned the right to do it my way, so part of doing it my way I want you to see who I am really around."
More Drake News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding