Mariah Carey Shows Off Svelte Post-Baby Body After Losing 70 Pounds
Mariah Carey is proudly showing off her post-baby body after losing a total of 70 pounds. Making an appearance on the Tuesday, November 8 episode of OWN's "The Rosie Show", the "We Belong Together" hitmaker slipped into a tight black mini-skirt and cleavage-baring leather jacket.
During the show, the 42-year-old singer told host Rosie O'Donnell, "I feel better in every way. To me, it's mind, body and soul." She went on to reveal, "I was in a bad place physically during my pregnancy," explaining that she had gestational diabetes and severe edema when she was pregnant with her twins.
"Edema was the probably the most painful thing I went through during my pregnancy," the wife of actor/comedian/rapper Nick Cannon opened up further. "My legs looked three times the size of what my legs do right now. I thought I would never be the same person again."
In the first week after giving birth to Moroccan and Monroe, the "Touch My Body" singer lost 40 pounds of sheer water. "It was just water, initially," she said before crediting the Jenny weight loss program (formerly Jenny Craig) for her current slim physique. "When I started with the program, I lost at least 30 lbs. of weight that needed to be lost."
Though losing a total of 70 pounds since giving birth, the new spokesperson for Jenny stressed, "The whole point of this is not just like: 'Oh, hey, look at me and my weight loss, I'm fantastic.' It's really health. Like I said, I learned it when I became helpless and felt so vulnerable like never before in my life."
Mariah additionally spilled that she regained her svelte body with diet in the beginning because she had a Cesarean section. She later exercised with her dogs and did workouts in the ocean. The singer also shared, "I never weighed myself. People will think I'm a liar but it's true. This is another cliche phrase, I'm a big boned girl ... I'm tall and so I always weigh more."
Mariah Carey flaunts slim body in Jenny's ad:
More Mariah Carey News
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money