Artist of the Week: Casting Crowns
Casting Crowns recently scored their second No. 2 album on Billboard Hot 200. The Grammy-winning band, who climbed to the runner-up position for the first time with 2007's "The Altar and the Door", came back to the spot this year through their newly-released "Come to the Well" which sold 99,000 copies its first week.
"Come to the Well" is led by single "Courageous" which ruled Billboard Hot Christian Song chart. It's described as "an appeal to Christians to let the 'living water' of Christ well up in us, overflowing into the relationships we have around us (spouse, parent, child, neighbor, stranger), both inside the church and beyond."
Coming out in the U.S. on October 18, the album is inspired by the story of Jesus talking to the woman at the well. "She thought she was standing by a well talking to a man, but really she was standing by a hole in the ground and she was talking to the well," frontman Mark Hall explained. The theme is well illuminated in the title track.
Mark added his explanations, "We come to Jesus and we have already got our well. We have already got what we think is going to sustain us and we come to him to bless our thing so our thing will work even better for us. Jesus isn't a sprinkle. He is life. That's the central teaching moment of the record."
Beside celebrating their return to the top 3 on Hot 200, they are also campaigning to win Favorite Contemporary Musical Artist at 2011 American Music Awards. They are vying for the coveted prize against tobyMac and Third Day. The winner will be announced in a live ceremony which will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, November 20.
Casting Crowns are currently on tour with Sanctus Real and The Afters as supporting acts. They partner with Christian humanitarian organization, World Vision, which provides assistance to approximately 100 million people in nearly 100 countries by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West