Justin Bieber Plans to Sue Mariah Yeater After Paternity Test
Justin Bieber won't just be using his words in fighting allegations that he fathered Mariah Yeater's baby boy. According to TMZ, the 17-year-old pop sensation is going to take a paternity test when he returns from Europe in two weeks, and is planning to sue the 20-year-old woman if the DNA test is not a match.
Words are, Bieber's lawyer, Howard Weitzman, contacted Yeater's attorneys last Friday, November 4 to inform about the test. He has also picked out a lab to do the test. TMZ additionally noted that Yeater's lawyers appeared "nervous" when informed that the "Baby" hitmaker agreed to do the test.
It is further said that Justin's move to sue back Yeater was taken to make an example out of her. The gossip site noted, "Bieber and his team think it's important to file a lawsuit against Yeater to show there are consequences when somebody trumps up phony, hurtful allegations against a celebrity."
Yeater filed the lawsuit against Bieber on October 31. In the court papers, she claimed to have sex with the "Baby" hitmaker in a bathroom at Los Angeles' Staples Center after his sold-out concert on October 25, 2010. She noted, "When I later realized I was pregnant with Justin Bieber's baby, I tried to contact him through his representatives but no one ever called me back."
Representatives for Bieber have slammed Yeater's claims. "While we haven't yet seen the lawsuit, it's sad that someone would fabricate malicious, defamatory, and demonstrably false claims," they said in a statement. "We will vigorously pursue all available legal remedies to defend and protect Justin against these allegations."
Bieber himself has addressed the scandal in person. When appearing on the "Today" show, he told Matt Lauer, "I'd just like to say basically that none of those allegations are true. I know that I'm going to be a target, but I'm never going to be a victim." Asked if he knew Yeater, he insisted, "Never met the woman."
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen