'Moon River' Singer Andy Williams Reveals Cancer on Stage
Andy Williams delivered a bad news during his concert on Saturday, November 5 night. The 83-year-old singer known for his hit "Moon River" told the crowd that he has bladder cancer but assured his fans that he is in good spirit.
"I do have cancer of the bladder," Williams said. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They're kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."
Williams even vowed to return next to celebrate his 75th year in show business. He sang "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" at the theater, the Moon River, he started in 1992 and said he would be back next September and October to celebrate. "I'm going to do the shows I've planned to do," he said.
Reports said that Williams has not started treatments yet, but he has missed planned performances this fall and will skip this holiday schedule because of his condition.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy