'Moon River' Singer Andy Williams Reveals Cancer on Stage
Andy Williams delivered a bad news during his concert on Saturday, November 5 night. The 83-year-old singer known for his hit "Moon River" told the crowd that he has bladder cancer but assured his fans that he is in good spirit.
"I do have cancer of the bladder," Williams said. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They're kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."
Williams even vowed to return next to celebrate his 75th year in show business. He sang "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" at the theater, the Moon River, he started in 1992 and said he would be back next September and October to celebrate. "I'm going to do the shows I've planned to do," he said.
Reports said that Williams has not started treatments yet, but he has missed planned performances this fall and will skip this holiday schedule because of his condition.
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen