'Moon River' Singer Andy Williams Reveals Cancer on Stage
Andy Williams delivered a bad news during his concert on Saturday, November 5 night. The 83-year-old singer known for his hit "Moon River" told the crowd that he has bladder cancer but assured his fans that he is in good spirit.
"I do have cancer of the bladder," Williams said. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They're kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."
Williams even vowed to return next to celebrate his 75th year in show business. He sang "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" at the theater, the Moon River, he started in 1992 and said he would be back next September and October to celebrate. "I'm going to do the shows I've planned to do," he said.
Reports said that Williams has not started treatments yet, but he has missed planned performances this fall and will skip this holiday schedule because of his condition.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones