'Moon River' Singer Andy Williams Reveals Cancer on Stage
Andy Williams delivered a bad news during his concert on Saturday, November 5 night. The 83-year-old singer known for his hit "Moon River" told the crowd that he has bladder cancer but assured his fans that he is in good spirit.
"I do have cancer of the bladder," Williams said. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They're kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."
Williams even vowed to return next to celebrate his 75th year in show business. He sang "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" at the theater, the Moon River, he started in 1992 and said he would be back next September and October to celebrate. "I'm going to do the shows I've planned to do," he said.
Reports said that Williams has not started treatments yet, but he has missed planned performances this fall and will skip this holiday schedule because of his condition.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs