'Moon River' Singer Andy Williams Reveals Cancer on Stage
Andy Williams delivered a bad news during his concert on Saturday, November 5 night. The 83-year-old singer known for his hit "Moon River" told the crowd that he has bladder cancer but assured his fans that he is in good spirit.
"I do have cancer of the bladder," Williams said. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They're kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."
Williams even vowed to return next to celebrate his 75th year in show business. He sang "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" at the theater, the Moon River, he started in 1992 and said he would be back next September and October to celebrate. "I'm going to do the shows I've planned to do," he said.
Reports said that Williams has not started treatments yet, but he has missed planned performances this fall and will skip this holiday schedule because of his condition.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?