Wyatt Knight of 'Porky's' Trilogy Died of Gun Shot
"Porky's" star Wyatt Knight was found dead last week in Maui, Hawaii of apparent suicide. The actor who was popular in the '80s for his portrayal of bad boy Tommy Turner in the trilogy went through autopsy which revealed that he died of a self-inflicted gunshot.
At 56, Knight was suffering from stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma, a certain type of blood cancer. He underwent radiation treatments that left him in "physical and emotional pain". He had a bone marrow transplant in 2003.
"He was tired of the pain, and after much contemplation, chose to end his life in a beautiful and a serene place. His family and friends are devastated. He was deeply loved by all who knew him and will be missed every day," his wife, Silvana Knight, said in a statement.
Knight is survived by Silvana and two children from a previous marriage. Family did not mention about memorial service.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?