Wyatt Knight of 'Porky's' Trilogy Died of Gun Shot
"Porky's" star Wyatt Knight was found dead last week in Maui, Hawaii of apparent suicide. The actor who was popular in the '80s for his portrayal of bad boy Tommy Turner in the trilogy went through autopsy which revealed that he died of a self-inflicted gunshot.
At 56, Knight was suffering from stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma, a certain type of blood cancer. He underwent radiation treatments that left him in "physical and emotional pain". He had a bone marrow transplant in 2003.
"He was tired of the pain, and after much contemplation, chose to end his life in a beautiful and a serene place. His family and friends are devastated. He was deeply loved by all who knew him and will be missed every day," his wife, Silvana Knight, said in a statement.
Knight is survived by Silvana and two children from a previous marriage. Family did not mention about memorial service.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media