Wyatt Knight of 'Porky's' Trilogy Died of Gun Shot
"Porky's" star Wyatt Knight was found dead last week in Maui, Hawaii of apparent suicide. The actor who was popular in the '80s for his portrayal of bad boy Tommy Turner in the trilogy went through autopsy which revealed that he died of a self-inflicted gunshot.
At 56, Knight was suffering from stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma, a certain type of blood cancer. He underwent radiation treatments that left him in "physical and emotional pain". He had a bone marrow transplant in 2003.
"He was tired of the pain, and after much contemplation, chose to end his life in a beautiful and a serene place. His family and friends are devastated. He was deeply loved by all who knew him and will be missed every day," his wife, Silvana Knight, said in a statement.
Knight is survived by Silvana and two children from a previous marriage. Family did not mention about memorial service.
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury
- James Corden Hilariously Reviews Britney Spears' Biopic 'Britney Ever After'