Liam Hemsworth and Aaron Paul Shortlisted to Play Bruce Willis' Son in 'Die Hard 5'
"Die Hard 5", which is now titled "A Good Day to Die Hard", is looking for a suitable young actor to be cast as Bruce Willis' son. Deadline reported that Willis and director John Moore have shortlisted several candidates to take on the coveted role. They include "The Hunger Games" thesp Liam Hemsworth, and Emmy-winning "Breaking Bad" star Aaron Paul.
Hemsworth is currently filming "The Expendables II", which Willis also stars in. As for Paul, his busy shooting schedule on the finale season of "Breaking Bad" could crash with the filming schedule for "Die Hard 5". In addition to the Hemsworth and Paul, Willis and Moore have their eyes on "The Pacific" star James Badge Dale as well as "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actor D.J. Cotrona.
"A Good Day to Die Hard" will start the production in January 2012 in Russia. The story follows Willis' John McClane who heads to Moscow after his son lands in jail for something he did. In an attempt to get his son out of prison, McClane talks to cops but soon finds out that things surrounding his son's arrest are not as they appear and world-threatening terrorist hijinks ensue.
The action film will be released in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2013. Skip Woods serves as the screenwriter, while Alex Young tackles the producing duty.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak