Lionsgate TV Developing 'Harold and Kumar' Animated Series
"Harold & Kumar" is going to branch out into the small screen. Having just released its third installment titled "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas", the comedy film franchise is being developed into an animated series.
Sources say Lionsgate TV is currently shopping around the project and several cable networks, including Comedy Central and MTV, have shown interest. The company will co-produce the TV show with Mandate.
Several people working on the "Harold & Kumar" films will reportedly be involved in the animated series. Original scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are said to be on board to write and produce, while lead actors John Cho and Kal Penn may voice the characters in addition to serving as producers.
"A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas" opens wide in theaters across the nation starting November 4. In their latest adventure, Cho's Harold and Penn's Kumar reluctantly embark on another ill-advised journey through New York City to seek for a Christmas tree to replace the one belongs to Harold's father-in-law.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna