Lionsgate TV Developing 'Harold and Kumar' Animated Series
"Harold & Kumar" is going to branch out into the small screen. Having just released its third installment titled "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas", the comedy film franchise is being developed into an animated series.
Sources say Lionsgate TV is currently shopping around the project and several cable networks, including Comedy Central and MTV, have shown interest. The company will co-produce the TV show with Mandate.
Several people working on the "Harold & Kumar" films will reportedly be involved in the animated series. Original scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are said to be on board to write and produce, while lead actors John Cho and Kal Penn may voice the characters in addition to serving as producers.
"A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas" opens wide in theaters across the nation starting November 4. In their latest adventure, Cho's Harold and Penn's Kumar reluctantly embark on another ill-advised journey through New York City to seek for a Christmas tree to replace the one belongs to Harold's father-in-law.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch