Lionsgate TV Developing 'Harold and Kumar' Animated Series
"Harold & Kumar" is going to branch out into the small screen. Having just released its third installment titled "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas", the comedy film franchise is being developed into an animated series.
Sources say Lionsgate TV is currently shopping around the project and several cable networks, including Comedy Central and MTV, have shown interest. The company will co-produce the TV show with Mandate.
Several people working on the "Harold & Kumar" films will reportedly be involved in the animated series. Original scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are said to be on board to write and produce, while lead actors John Cho and Kal Penn may voice the characters in addition to serving as producers.
"A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas" opens wide in theaters across the nation starting November 4. In their latest adventure, Cho's Harold and Penn's Kumar reluctantly embark on another ill-advised journey through New York City to seek for a Christmas tree to replace the one belongs to Harold's father-in-law.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber