Lionsgate TV Developing 'Harold and Kumar' Animated Series
"Harold & Kumar" is going to branch out into the small screen. Having just released its third installment titled "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas", the comedy film franchise is being developed into an animated series.
Sources say Lionsgate TV is currently shopping around the project and several cable networks, including Comedy Central and MTV, have shown interest. The company will co-produce the TV show with Mandate.
Several people working on the "Harold & Kumar" films will reportedly be involved in the animated series. Original scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are said to be on board to write and produce, while lead actors John Cho and Kal Penn may voice the characters in addition to serving as producers.
"A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas" opens wide in theaters across the nation starting November 4. In their latest adventure, Cho's Harold and Penn's Kumar reluctantly embark on another ill-advised journey through New York City to seek for a Christmas tree to replace the one belongs to Harold's father-in-law.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce