Kate Middleton Sets Off Pregnancy Rumors With Refusal to Taste Peanut Paste
Kate Middleton has sparked speculations that she might be expecting her first child. The Duchess of Cambridge and her husband Prince William were visiting a UNICEF aid depot in Copenhagen, Denmark on Wednesday, November 2 when she politely declined to sample peanut paste.
The 29-year-old was caught on camera refusing to taste the product which is a staple of UNICEF packages to be sent out to East African countries suffering from famine, while William along with the Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his wife Mary dug in. According to reports, she then gave her husband a knowing look as he inspected the nutrition label on the paste's packaging.
Doctors have frequently recommended pregnant women to avoid peanuts and peanut-by-products in order to prevent allergies during early development. Kate, however, is not allergic to peanuts. Duncan Larcombe, a royal editor for The Sun, told ABC News, "Her spokesman went out of their way to stress that she has no nut allergy whatsoever."
Though so, one senior source insisted, "Pregnancy is not the only explanation." The source pointed out, "The Duchess is still new to appearing in front of the cameras at official events. It is perfectly plausible that she may not yet feel comfortable eating while the cameras are focused on her. This is not the first time she's turned down food while under the spotlight."
The baby speculation came a week after British Parliament changed its 300-year-old succession laws to allow a firstborn daughter to be in the succession to the throne. "The idea that a younger son should become monarch instead of an elder daughter simply because he's a man, or that a future monarch can marry someone of any faith except a Catholic - this way of thinking is at odds with the modern countries that we've all become," British Prime Minister David Cameron said.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake