Kate Middleton Sets Off Pregnancy Rumors With Refusal to Taste Peanut Paste
Kate Middleton has sparked speculations that she might be expecting her first child. The Duchess of Cambridge and her husband Prince William were visiting a UNICEF aid depot in Copenhagen, Denmark on Wednesday, November 2 when she politely declined to sample peanut paste.
The 29-year-old was caught on camera refusing to taste the product which is a staple of UNICEF packages to be sent out to East African countries suffering from famine, while William along with the Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his wife Mary dug in. According to reports, she then gave her husband a knowing look as he inspected the nutrition label on the paste's packaging.
Doctors have frequently recommended pregnant women to avoid peanuts and peanut-by-products in order to prevent allergies during early development. Kate, however, is not allergic to peanuts. Duncan Larcombe, a royal editor for The Sun, told ABC News, "Her spokesman went out of their way to stress that she has no nut allergy whatsoever."
Though so, one senior source insisted, "Pregnancy is not the only explanation." The source pointed out, "The Duchess is still new to appearing in front of the cameras at official events. It is perfectly plausible that she may not yet feel comfortable eating while the cameras are focused on her. This is not the first time she's turned down food while under the spotlight."
The baby speculation came a week after British Parliament changed its 300-year-old succession laws to allow a firstborn daughter to be in the succession to the throne. "The idea that a younger son should become monarch instead of an elder daughter simply because he's a man, or that a future monarch can marry someone of any faith except a Catholic - this way of thinking is at odds with the modern countries that we've all become," British Prime Minister David Cameron said.
More Kate Middleton News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage