Beyonce Knowles Expecting Baby Girl, Kelly Rowland Reveals
Beyonce Knowles is having a baby girl. Former Destiny's Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, accidentally spilled out the gender of the "Countdown" singer's first child during an interview at the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards 2011 on Thursday, November 3 night.
Speaking to BANG Showbiz in London, Kelly dished, "I have no idea what I'm going to buy Beyonce at the baby shower because Jay is going to buy that little girl every single thing possible." The 30-year-old singer continued, "She won't be spoiled but she will be very well looked-after."
The "Motivation" singer additionally expressed her excitement for the expectant parents as saying, "I'm so happy for my sister and her husband. They're so happy in this moment right now, as they should be. They've made a little bundle of love. I'm so excited for them." She also looks forward to helping with "babysitting duties", gushing, "I'm actually very good with messy diapers!"
Beyonce confirmed that she and husband Jay-Z are expecting their first child together at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards back in August. Performing a soulful retro song called "Love on Top", the songstress unbuttoned her jacket and rubbed her growing belly at the end of the performance. She is due to give birth in February 2012.
Kelly, meanwhile, won the Ultimate TV Personality prize at the awards show. She joined other winners, who were honored on Thursday night, including Jessie J, who took home the Ultimate Music Star award, Daisy Lowe, who bagged the Ultimate Style Queen title, and Blondie's Debbie Harry, who was named Ultimate Icon.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week