Drew Barrymore Feels Like 'in Heaven' to Co-Host TCM's 'The Essentials'
Having worked both in front and behind the camera, Drew Barrymore will share her knowledge of classic movies on "The Essentials". The Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award winner will co-host the 12th season of TCM's signature showcase which is going to premiere on Saturday, March 3, 2012.
"I'm a TCM nut. I watch Robert Osborne every day of my life. To get to talk about classic cinema with such a brilliant man, I am simply in heaven," the 36-year-old, who was recently dubbed the most overpaid actor in Hollywood by Forbes, gushes about her new gig. "This is just the most wonderful opportunity to discuss my greatest passion, which is movies."
Osborne himself has nothing but good words for Barrymore. "As an accomplished actress, director, producer and part of a legendary Hollywood dynasty, Drew has terrific insights into the world of film," he says about his new co-host. "I think she's going to surprise people with her passion for great cinema and her abundant knowledge of film history."
For the upcoming season, TCM's line-up includes George Cukor's star-studded comedy "Dinner at Eight" (1933), which features Barrymore's grandfather John, and great uncle Lionel. Another classic movie picked by Barrymore and Osborne is Robert Benton's domestic drama "Kramer vs. Kramer" (1979) which featured Oscar-winning performances by Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates