Drew Barrymore Feels Like 'in Heaven' to Co-Host TCM's 'The Essentials'
Having worked both in front and behind the camera, Drew Barrymore will share her knowledge of classic movies on "The Essentials". The Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award winner will co-host the 12th season of TCM's signature showcase which is going to premiere on Saturday, March 3, 2012.
"I'm a TCM nut. I watch Robert Osborne every day of my life. To get to talk about classic cinema with such a brilliant man, I am simply in heaven," the 36-year-old, who was recently dubbed the most overpaid actor in Hollywood by Forbes, gushes about her new gig. "This is just the most wonderful opportunity to discuss my greatest passion, which is movies."
Osborne himself has nothing but good words for Barrymore. "As an accomplished actress, director, producer and part of a legendary Hollywood dynasty, Drew has terrific insights into the world of film," he says about his new co-host. "I think she's going to surprise people with her passion for great cinema and her abundant knowledge of film history."
For the upcoming season, TCM's line-up includes George Cukor's star-studded comedy "Dinner at Eight" (1933), which features Barrymore's grandfather John, and great uncle Lionel. Another classic movie picked by Barrymore and Osborne is Robert Benton's domestic drama "Kramer vs. Kramer" (1979) which featured Oscar-winning performances by Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked