Jennifer Lopez Admits to Firing Manager Who Implied She Has to Lose Weight
Jennifer Lopez, by no doubt, is proud of her curvy figure. The "On the Floor" hitmaker, who has been named Woman of the Year by Glamour, opened up to the magazine's December issue about the past incident when she fired a manager who had the audacity to imply that she had to drop some pounds.
"I was just so infuriated that somebody said you couldn't have a little extra meat on you - because I was by no means fat! That was so mean and closed-minded," the 42-year-old explained. "I was like: 'No, this is who I am and this is the type of woman that I grew up with and it's beautiful. There's no reason to be anybody but myself.' "
During the chat, the "American Idol" judge claimed she no longer feels pressured to meet Hollywood standards, but admitted that she is slightly worried about growing older. "I mean, I'd like to think I'll feel great about myself and age gracefully," she said, "but then I think, 'Well, what if I do want a little bit of something?' "
When the topic of plastic surgery was brought up, the estranged wife of Marc Anthony asserted that she is not opposed to the idea of going under the knife in the future. "I'm open to being open," she stated. "I'm not going to make a judgment on it because I don't have to yet."
As for love and relationships, J.Lo said, "I think I've finally learned the biggest lesson of all." She added, "You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be OK on your own before you can be OK with somebody else. You've got to value yourself and know that you're worth everything. And until you value yourself enough and love yourself enough to know that, you can't really have a healthy relationship."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer