GWAR Guitarist Found Dead on Tour Bus
Heavy metal band GWAR have just lost one of its members. Guitarist Cory Smoot was found dead on the tour bus Thursday, November 3, manager Jack Flanagan and record label Metal Blade confirmed.
Smoot's body was discovered by his fellow band members hours after they performed at a concert in Minneapolis. They were at the time preparing to cross the U.S. border into Canada for a Friday, November 11 show at the Edmonton Event Center.
It's unclear what caused Smoot's death or how old he was. Flanagan said that there's no word yet on funeral arrangements. Additionally, the band have not decided what to do about remaining tour dates, which include a scheduled concert in Calgary, Alberta on Saturday, November 5.
Frontman Dave Brockie, a.k.a. Oderus Urungus, has released a statement in the wake of Smoot's sudden passing. He said, "There is no word as to the cause of death and the members of Gwar are completely shocked and devastated that this has occurred."
Cory Smoot joined GWAR in 2002 and had since performed under the name "Flattus Maximus". He co-produced two of the band's studio albums, "Beyond Hell" and "Lust in Space".
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala