GWAR Guitarist Found Dead on Tour Bus
Heavy metal band GWAR have just lost one of its members. Guitarist Cory Smoot was found dead on the tour bus Thursday, November 3, manager Jack Flanagan and record label Metal Blade confirmed.
Smoot's body was discovered by his fellow band members hours after they performed at a concert in Minneapolis. They were at the time preparing to cross the U.S. border into Canada for a Friday, November 11 show at the Edmonton Event Center.
It's unclear what caused Smoot's death or how old he was. Flanagan said that there's no word yet on funeral arrangements. Additionally, the band have not decided what to do about remaining tour dates, which include a scheduled concert in Calgary, Alberta on Saturday, November 5.
Frontman Dave Brockie, a.k.a. Oderus Urungus, has released a statement in the wake of Smoot's sudden passing. He said, "There is no word as to the cause of death and the members of Gwar are completely shocked and devastated that this has occurred."
Cory Smoot joined GWAR in 2002 and had since performed under the name "Flattus Maximus". He co-produced two of the band's studio albums, "Beyond Hell" and "Lust in Space".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked