Killer Confesses of Stabbing Charice's Dad to Death
Charice's dad's killer has confessed that he stabbed Ricky Pempengco to death with an ice pick in the town of San Pedro on Monday, October 31. Angel Capili, Jr. turned himself in to his village's chief in Manila, Philippines, on Thursday.
"I had really planned to surrender because what I did was wrong," Capili told reporters on Thursday. "I am seeking forgiveness from the family left behind by Mr. Pempengco. ... I am prepared to suffer whatever is the judgment." He did not reveal why he stabbed Pempengco.
Capily is also a construction worker like Pempengco but they did not appear to know each other. Pempengco presumably was on the wrong time and wrong place when he bumped into a drunk man while buying cigarettes from a store. A local officer said the suspect claimed the victim first assaulted him.
In reaction to Capili's confession, Charice said, "He should not defend himself. He cannot bring back my dad." The singer has been estranged from her father but was devastated by his death.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos