Killer Confesses of Stabbing Charice's Dad to Death
Charice's dad's killer has confessed that he stabbed Ricky Pempengco to death with an ice pick in the town of San Pedro on Monday, October 31. Angel Capili, Jr. turned himself in to his village's chief in Manila, Philippines, on Thursday.
"I had really planned to surrender because what I did was wrong," Capili told reporters on Thursday. "I am seeking forgiveness from the family left behind by Mr. Pempengco. ... I am prepared to suffer whatever is the judgment." He did not reveal why he stabbed Pempengco.
Capily is also a construction worker like Pempengco but they did not appear to know each other. Pempengco presumably was on the wrong time and wrong place when he bumped into a drunk man while buying cigarettes from a store. A local officer said the suspect claimed the victim first assaulted him.
In reaction to Capili's confession, Charice said, "He should not defend himself. He cannot bring back my dad." The singer has been estranged from her father but was devastated by his death.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle