Killer Confesses of Stabbing Charice's Dad to Death
Charice's dad's killer has confessed that he stabbed Ricky Pempengco to death with an ice pick in the town of San Pedro on Monday, October 31. Angel Capili, Jr. turned himself in to his village's chief in Manila, Philippines, on Thursday.
"I had really planned to surrender because what I did was wrong," Capili told reporters on Thursday. "I am seeking forgiveness from the family left behind by Mr. Pempengco. ... I am prepared to suffer whatever is the judgment." He did not reveal why he stabbed Pempengco.
Capily is also a construction worker like Pempengco but they did not appear to know each other. Pempengco presumably was on the wrong time and wrong place when he bumped into a drunk man while buying cigarettes from a store. A local officer said the suspect claimed the victim first assaulted him.
In reaction to Capili's confession, Charice said, "He should not defend himself. He cannot bring back my dad." The singer has been estranged from her father but was devastated by his death.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director