Killer Confesses of Stabbing Charice's Dad to Death
Charice's dad's killer has confessed that he stabbed Ricky Pempengco to death with an ice pick in the town of San Pedro on Monday, October 31. Angel Capili, Jr. turned himself in to his village's chief in Manila, Philippines, on Thursday.
"I had really planned to surrender because what I did was wrong," Capili told reporters on Thursday. "I am seeking forgiveness from the family left behind by Mr. Pempengco. ... I am prepared to suffer whatever is the judgment." He did not reveal why he stabbed Pempengco.
Capily is also a construction worker like Pempengco but they did not appear to know each other. Pempengco presumably was on the wrong time and wrong place when he bumped into a drunk man while buying cigarettes from a store. A local officer said the suspect claimed the victim first assaulted him.
In reaction to Capili's confession, Charice said, "He should not defend himself. He cannot bring back my dad." The singer has been estranged from her father but was devastated by his death.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO