Violet's Dad in 'Willy Wonka' Died From Cancer
The actor who played Violet Beauregarde's dad in 1971's "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has died on Wednesday, November 2. Leonard Stone passed away at the age of 87 after a bout of cancer, his representative confirmed to TMZ.
Stone was one of the last surviving parents from the classic movie. Roy Kinnear who played Veronica Salt's father died 17 years after the movie was premiered. Ursula Reit who played August Gloop's mom died in 1998 while Nora Denney who played Mike Teevee died in 2005.
Stone latest role was in 2006 when he was 83 years old, playing a minor character in "Surrender Dorothy". The actor has played supporting roles in over 120 television shows and 35 films since 1956 including "General Hospital" and "L.A. Law".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie