Violet's Dad in 'Willy Wonka' Died From Cancer
The actor who played Violet Beauregarde's dad in 1971's "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has died on Wednesday, November 2. Leonard Stone passed away at the age of 87 after a bout of cancer, his representative confirmed to TMZ.
Stone was one of the last surviving parents from the classic movie. Roy Kinnear who played Veronica Salt's father died 17 years after the movie was premiered. Ursula Reit who played August Gloop's mom died in 1998 while Nora Denney who played Mike Teevee died in 2005.
Stone latest role was in 2006 when he was 83 years old, playing a minor character in "Surrender Dorothy". The actor has played supporting roles in over 120 television shows and 35 films since 1956 including "General Hospital" and "L.A. Law".
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest