Violet's Dad in 'Willy Wonka' Died From Cancer
The actor who played Violet Beauregarde's dad in 1971's "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has died on Wednesday, November 2. Leonard Stone passed away at the age of 87 after a bout of cancer, his representative confirmed to TMZ.
Stone was one of the last surviving parents from the classic movie. Roy Kinnear who played Veronica Salt's father died 17 years after the movie was premiered. Ursula Reit who played August Gloop's mom died in 1998 while Nora Denney who played Mike Teevee died in 2005.
Stone latest role was in 2006 when he was 83 years old, playing a minor character in "Surrender Dorothy". The actor has played supporting roles in over 120 television shows and 35 films since 1956 including "General Hospital" and "L.A. Law".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked