Violet's Dad in 'Willy Wonka' Died From Cancer
The actor who played Violet Beauregarde's dad in 1971's "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has died on Wednesday, November 2. Leonard Stone passed away at the age of 87 after a bout of cancer, his representative confirmed to TMZ.
Stone was one of the last surviving parents from the classic movie. Roy Kinnear who played Veronica Salt's father died 17 years after the movie was premiered. Ursula Reit who played August Gloop's mom died in 1998 while Nora Denney who played Mike Teevee died in 2005.
Stone latest role was in 2006 when he was 83 years old, playing a minor character in "Surrender Dorothy". The actor has played supporting roles in over 120 television shows and 35 films since 1956 including "General Hospital" and "L.A. Law".
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie