Violet's Dad in 'Willy Wonka' Died From Cancer
The actor who played Violet Beauregarde's dad in 1971's "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has died on Wednesday, November 2. Leonard Stone passed away at the age of 87 after a bout of cancer, his representative confirmed to TMZ.
Stone was one of the last surviving parents from the classic movie. Roy Kinnear who played Veronica Salt's father died 17 years after the movie was premiered. Ursula Reit who played August Gloop's mom died in 1998 while Nora Denney who played Mike Teevee died in 2005.
Stone latest role was in 2006 when he was 83 years old, playing a minor character in "Surrender Dorothy". The actor has played supporting roles in over 120 television shows and 35 films since 1956 including "General Hospital" and "L.A. Law".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival