E! Still Airs Kim Kardashian Wedding Special With Divorce Announcement
Kim Kardashian's marriage is over, but the coverage of her wedding frenzy still graces the small screen. After holding emergency meetings following the reality star's divorce announcement, E! Entertainment decided to still broadcast a rerun of her two-part wedding special.
An encore of "Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event" was initially scheduled to air on Tuesday, November 1 and Wednesday, November 2. After Kim announced she filed for divorce from Kris Humphries, the network moved up the first part of the TV special to Monday, October 31.
The second part was also rescheduled to follow a day later on Tuesday, before it was pushed back to Thursday, November 3. An on-screen announcement about the couple's divorce will now be added to the beginning of the concluding night of the wedding special.
Explaining E!'s decision to air rerun of "Kim's Fairytale Wedding", the network's president Suzanne Kolb said, "We are a topical network and this is a topic at the moment." She additionally hinted that Kim's marital problem will not affect her working relationship with the network, stating, "I don't have any indication that this is going to change her career path."
Kolb further pointed out that neither the network nor the Kardashians had staged the wedding to gain big ratings for the show. "At some point I felt we had to come out and say that was absurd," she insisted.
Kim herself has previously claimed that she did not set up her marriage for the sake of money. The "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star stated on Tuesday, November 1, "I'm so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I'll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation."
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture