E! Still Airs Kim Kardashian Wedding Special With Divorce Announcement
Kim Kardashian's marriage is over, but the coverage of her wedding frenzy still graces the small screen. After holding emergency meetings following the reality star's divorce announcement, E! Entertainment decided to still broadcast a rerun of her two-part wedding special.
An encore of "Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event" was initially scheduled to air on Tuesday, November 1 and Wednesday, November 2. After Kim announced she filed for divorce from Kris Humphries, the network moved up the first part of the TV special to Monday, October 31.
The second part was also rescheduled to follow a day later on Tuesday, before it was pushed back to Thursday, November 3. An on-screen announcement about the couple's divorce will now be added to the beginning of the concluding night of the wedding special.
Explaining E!'s decision to air rerun of "Kim's Fairytale Wedding", the network's president Suzanne Kolb said, "We are a topical network and this is a topic at the moment." She additionally hinted that Kim's marital problem will not affect her working relationship with the network, stating, "I don't have any indication that this is going to change her career path."
Kolb further pointed out that neither the network nor the Kardashians had staged the wedding to gain big ratings for the show. "At some point I felt we had to come out and say that was absurd," she insisted.
Kim herself has previously claimed that she did not set up her marriage for the sake of money. The "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star stated on Tuesday, November 1, "I'm so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I'll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'