Ethan Zohn Undergoes New Form of Chemotherapy for Returning Cancer
After 20 months in remission from Hodgkin's lymphoma, Ethan Zohn is once again battling cancer. In a new interview with PEOPLE, the former "Survivor" winner announced that doctors told him on September 14 his cancer has returned and he is currently undergoing a new "smart" form of chemotherapy, SGN-35.
Of the returning cancer, the 37-year-old said, "It's localized in my lung area. But it's good that it's not all over my body." He went on to share that he began with the treatment that only targets the cancerous cells on October 18. Keeping a positive mind, he was quick to point out, "I won't lose my hair again."
Ethan hopes to have a stem cell transplant from one of his brothers after three months of treatment. He, however, won't know from which brother he'll be getting the stem cell. "The doctors won't tell me which one," he said. "They didn't want me to start treating one differently than the other. Of course my whole family is taking bets on who it is."
Although facing another battle against cancer, the boyfriend of Jenna Morasca stated, "I don't want fear or cancer to define me, but it's always in the back of your mind." That's why, he is still planning to run in the New York City Marathon on November 6 to raise money for his Grassroot Soccer organization.
Of his marathon plan, the former contestant on "The Amazing Race" said, "The doctors think I'm crazy but they gave me the okay." He added, "Cancer isn't going to slow me down. I want people to know that you can still live a fulfilled life and move forward."
Ethan was first diagnosed with a rare form of Hodgkin's lymphoma in April 2009. He underwent two unsuccessful rounds of chemotherapy that caused him to lose his trademark curly locks, before he was declared in remission.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris