Report: Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Derek Hough Share Mutual Feeling of Hatred
Saying Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Derek Hough are not a fan of each other apparently puts their feuds mildly. A source close to their ABC show "Dancing with the Stars" recently spilled to Us Weekly that the two professional ballroom dancers in fact "hate each other".
"The professional dance community is really small. The dancers have known one another their entire lives," the insider explained in the mag's new issue, which will hit newsstands across the U.S. on Friday, November 4. "Now that the group is famous, it's added a whole other level of rivalry and competitiveness."
It was further said that Derek's younger sister, Julianne Hough, adds more tension between the two. According to the source, Julianne briefly dated Maksim, but told him that "she didn't want to have a serious relationship" before dating Ryan Seacrest. In his retaliation, Maksim allegedly planted "false rumors that Julianne was cheating on Ryan with Maks."
A different insider, in the meantime, insisted that Derek "isn't the nice guy he seems". "Derek is dating Lauren Conrad for publicity," claimed the inside source, before adding that the 26-year-old "is focused on becoming a huge star like Julianne."
Maksim recently blasted Derek for siding with "DWTS" judges. During an October appearance on "Good Morning America", he said, "Derek Hough has been very supportive of his personal career on the show. When you say judges have been generous, with all due respect, if I had Nicole Scherzinger followed by Jennifer Grey followed by Ricki Lake, I probably would not be very upset with the judges either."
The former fiance of Karina Smirnoff made the statement after Derek commented on his fallout with judge Len Goodman. "As a seasoned professional, [he] should know not to do that. There's a certain amount of self control you should have," so Derek said backstage after the show on October 24.
More Maksim Chmerkovskiy News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby