Warner Bros. Sets Up Third 'Clash of the Titans' Film
"Wrath of the Titans" is yet to open in U.S. theaters, but already Warner Bros. Pictures has planned a third film for the "Clash of the Titans" franchise. The story will continue the adventures of Perseus, played by Sam Worthington.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson, who wrote the script for "Wrath", have been attached to pen the screenplay for "Clash of the Titans 3". Producers Basil Iwanyk and Polly Johnsen will also return for the third film.
Multiple insiders revealed that Toby Kebbell's Agenor, who will be introduced in the second movie, will be back for the threequel. Jonathan Liebesman is also expected to tackle the directorial duty once again, although no official deal has been signed.
"Clash of the Titans", which was released in 2010, was directed by Louis Leterrier and has grossed $163 million domestically as well as $330 million worldwide. Meanwhile, its sequel "Wrath of the Titans" is slated for a March 30, 2012 release in U.S. theaters.
The second film will reunite Worthington with Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Danny Huston. They are joined in the cast ensemble by Edgar Ramirez, Rosamund Pike as well as Bill Nighy among others.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie