Kim Kardashian Follows Her Heart in Deciding to Divorce Kris Humphries
Kim Kardashian continues to defend her decision to divorce husband of 72 days, Kris Humphries. In her first TV interview since pulling the plug on her short-lived marriage, the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star opened up to the hosts of an Australian morning show that she has to follow her heart.
During an appearance on "Sunrise", the 31-year-old was asked whether she fought to save her marriage. In a response to the question, she said, "I think when you know so deep in your heart that you just have to listen to your intuition and follow your heart, there's no right or wrong thing to do, so I really believe that."
Pressed further with the question if she and Kris had tried counseling, the reality star said, "I don't think I'm ready to get into the details of it." She went on to say, "I think what really upsets me most is there has been, from the start, so many rumors of money and dollar signs of all these things thrown up in the air... and so much of it not being true."
"It's kind of what you get for living your life so publicly on a reality show," she said with sister Khloe Kardashian at her side. "I get that questions are going to be asked and the scrutiny's going to come, and there'll be mixed emotions and so many rumors. That comes along with the territory, but also, it teaches me I kind of want to step back a little bit."
Kim made the trip Down Under with Khloe to promote their Australian-exclusive line of handbags. Speaking of her decision to put business ahead of her marital woe, she explained, "I really wanted to stick with my commitment to come out here to Australia. I love our fan base out here."
"Of course, I do want some time to myself and it's a really tough thing to go through, but I didn't want to bail on everyone and skip out on this commitment," she continued on. "I just have Khloe and [Lamar Odom] here with me and, you know, we're getting through it. That's really all I can do."
Khloe chimed in, "I'm really proud of Kim for not just bailing and canceling, 'cause this is a really hard time for her." She added, "Here, we have such amazing fans, but still, it's not getting away. You still have the paparazzi and everything here, so she's being really strong. And Lamar and I are here to be her support at this time."
More Kim Kardashian News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards