Sneak Peek: 'South Park' Takes on Occupy Wall Street Protests
Having been known for its interest in today's popular events, "South Park" will include a reference to Occupy Wall Street protests in its upcoming episode. Titled "1%", the Wednesday, November 2 outing will center on Cartman who fails to pass Physical Fitness exam at his school.
Cartman's classmates are not happy when they have to endure extra work out time because of this. As the 99% of fourth grade kids blame him, Cartman responds, "I know how this works. You're the 99% ganging up on the one percent." Sobbing in his room, he says, "Now the 99% is saying everything is my fault."
"We are the 99%" has been used for the slogans during the Occupy Wall Street protests which started in New York since mid-September. The words refer to the difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?