Sneak Peek: 'South Park' Takes on Occupy Wall Street Protests
Having been known for its interest in today's popular events, "South Park" will include a reference to Occupy Wall Street protests in its upcoming episode. Titled "1%", the Wednesday, November 2 outing will center on Cartman who fails to pass Physical Fitness exam at his school.
Cartman's classmates are not happy when they have to endure extra work out time because of this. As the 99% of fourth grade kids blame him, Cartman responds, "I know how this works. You're the 99% ganging up on the one percent." Sobbing in his room, he says, "Now the 99% is saying everything is my fault."
"We are the 99%" has been used for the slogans during the Occupy Wall Street protests which started in New York since mid-September. The words refer to the difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch