Sneak Peek: 'South Park' Takes on Occupy Wall Street Protests
Having been known for its interest in today's popular events, "South Park" will include a reference to Occupy Wall Street protests in its upcoming episode. Titled "1%", the Wednesday, November 2 outing will center on Cartman who fails to pass Physical Fitness exam at his school.
Cartman's classmates are not happy when they have to endure extra work out time because of this. As the 99% of fourth grade kids blame him, Cartman responds, "I know how this works. You're the 99% ganging up on the one percent." Sobbing in his room, he says, "Now the 99% is saying everything is my fault."
"We are the 99%" has been used for the slogans during the Occupy Wall Street protests which started in New York since mid-September. The words refer to the difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special