Sneak Peek: 'South Park' Takes on Occupy Wall Street Protests
Having been known for its interest in today's popular events, "South Park" will include a reference to Occupy Wall Street protests in its upcoming episode. Titled "1%", the Wednesday, November 2 outing will center on Cartman who fails to pass Physical Fitness exam at his school.
Cartman's classmates are not happy when they have to endure extra work out time because of this. As the 99% of fourth grade kids blame him, Cartman responds, "I know how this works. You're the 99% ganging up on the one percent." Sobbing in his room, he says, "Now the 99% is saying everything is my fault."
"We are the 99%" has been used for the slogans during the Occupy Wall Street protests which started in New York since mid-September. The words refer to the difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March