Jessica Simpson: Putting on Extra Pounds Is Great for Branding
Jessica Simpson is apparently looking at her glass as being half full. The host of "The Price of Beauty" talked about her weight gain in an interview for the December issue of Lucky magazine, and claimed it was her curvy figure that actually helped strengthen her fashion business.
"I got so much scrutiny for putting on extra pounds, but I think that the decision not to make myself anorexic was actually great for branding," gushed the 31-year-old, who is expecting her first child with fiance Eric Johnson (II). "Because when you're really, really skinny, not everybody can relate to you."
During the chat, the Daisy Duke of "The Dukes of Hazzard" revealed she ditched spending six hours a day on the Exercycle and going on a juice cleanse. She went on to say that afterward, "all kinds of women started coming up to me and saying what an example I was setting by not constantly dieting."
Insisting that she likes the way she looks, the former wife of Nick Lachey pointed out, "Everybody fluctuates." She continued on to note, "But I'm open about my weight and I'm still confident. I didn't cry about it too much."
When it comes to her wedding to Eric, Jessica admitted, "I haven't started shopping for our wedding yet." She added, "When I got engaged, everyone thought I would get married immediately, but I have not put a single dress on, and by the time this comes out I will not be married! We're just enjoying being engaged right now - and that's honest."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters