Jessica Simpson: Putting on Extra Pounds Is Great for Branding
Jessica Simpson is apparently looking at her glass as being half full. The host of "The Price of Beauty" talked about her weight gain in an interview for the December issue of Lucky magazine, and claimed it was her curvy figure that actually helped strengthen her fashion business.
"I got so much scrutiny for putting on extra pounds, but I think that the decision not to make myself anorexic was actually great for branding," gushed the 31-year-old, who is expecting her first child with fiance Eric Johnson (II). "Because when you're really, really skinny, not everybody can relate to you."
During the chat, the Daisy Duke of "The Dukes of Hazzard" revealed she ditched spending six hours a day on the Exercycle and going on a juice cleanse. She went on to say that afterward, "all kinds of women started coming up to me and saying what an example I was setting by not constantly dieting."
Insisting that she likes the way she looks, the former wife of Nick Lachey pointed out, "Everybody fluctuates." She continued on to note, "But I'm open about my weight and I'm still confident. I didn't cry about it too much."
When it comes to her wedding to Eric, Jessica admitted, "I haven't started shopping for our wedding yet." She added, "When I got engaged, everyone thought I would get married immediately, but I have not put a single dress on, and by the time this comes out I will not be married! We're just enjoying being engaged right now - and that's honest."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding