Jessica Simpson: Putting on Extra Pounds Is Great for Branding
Jessica Simpson is apparently looking at her glass as being half full. The host of "The Price of Beauty" talked about her weight gain in an interview for the December issue of Lucky magazine, and claimed it was her curvy figure that actually helped strengthen her fashion business.
"I got so much scrutiny for putting on extra pounds, but I think that the decision not to make myself anorexic was actually great for branding," gushed the 31-year-old, who is expecting her first child with fiance Eric Johnson (II). "Because when you're really, really skinny, not everybody can relate to you."
During the chat, the Daisy Duke of "The Dukes of Hazzard" revealed she ditched spending six hours a day on the Exercycle and going on a juice cleanse. She went on to say that afterward, "all kinds of women started coming up to me and saying what an example I was setting by not constantly dieting."
Insisting that she likes the way she looks, the former wife of Nick Lachey pointed out, "Everybody fluctuates." She continued on to note, "But I'm open about my weight and I'm still confident. I didn't cry about it too much."
When it comes to her wedding to Eric, Jessica admitted, "I haven't started shopping for our wedding yet." She added, "When I got engaged, everyone thought I would get married immediately, but I have not put a single dress on, and by the time this comes out I will not be married! We're just enjoying being engaged right now - and that's honest."
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger