Terrence Malick to Helm New Star-Studded Movies 'Lawless' and 'Knight of Cups'
After directing "The Tree of Life", Terrance Malick is set to helm two more high-profile films called "Lawless" and "Knight of Cups". For the upcoming movie projects, Malick has tapped several notable actors, including Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett, to join the cast ensemble.
Bale and Blanchett will tackle the supporting roles in "Lawless", in which Ryan Gosling is sealed to star as the lead character. The movie also stars "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" actress Rooney Mara as well as "Kaboom" star Haley Bennett. As for "Knight of Cups", Bale is set to take on the lead role, while Blanchett is in a supporting cast along with Isabel Lucas.
Malick has planned to shoot both films back-to-back in 2012. He is currently still in pre-production phase for both projects, which details are still kept under tight wraps.
These two movie will reunite Bale and Malick, who have worked together in a 2005 drama called "The New World". They also have Sarah Green and Nicolas Gonda of "The Tree of Life" serve as the producers. FilmNation will introduce both projects to foreign buyers during the American Film Market in Santa Monica on Wednesday, November 2.
Glen Basner, Film Nation's founder and CEO, said of Malick's projects, "FilmNation couldn't be happier to continue to act as Terrence's international sales agency. Terrence is a brilliant filmmaker and an enormous draw for talent and filmmakers alike. We look forward to robust sales at AFM on both of these films."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed