Charice Mourns Death of Father, Murder Suspect Arrested
International singing sensation Charice has been struck with one tragic news. On Tuesday, November 1, it was uncovered that the father of the singer, who plays Sunshine Corazon on "Glee", has been stabbed to death with an ice pick in a drunken street fight in her hometown just south of Manila.
Although she has been estranged from her father, the 19-year-old singer still grieved his sudden death. In a post on Twitter, she remembered that she and her father had been close until her parents separated when she was a young child. "I loved him and I will still love him. He's still my Dad after all," she in the end noted.
Minutes later, the 19-year-old singer announced that she has pulled out of David Foster and Friends concerts in Singapore. "I am very sorry to all my fans from Singapore," she tweeted. "I am not going to be there to be part of David Foster and Friends concert. I have to go back to the Philippines as soon as possible to be with my family. I hope you all understand."
Ricky Pempengco died of stab wounds in his back and chest late Monday, October 31. According to Police Senior Supt. Gilbert Cruz, the construction worker was at a store in San Pedro township when he accidentally bumped into a drunk man, who was later identified as Angel Capili Jr. "From there, they got into a fight," said the police.
Also on Tuesday, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said that the San Pedro, Laguna Police has arrested Angel Capili during a follow-up operation hours after the incident. While it was said that personal grudge might be the motive behind the killing, Police Senior Supt. Gilbert Cruz claimed investigation showed no old grudges between the two.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist