'Iron Man 3' Will Not Highlight Tony Stark's Alcohol Addiction
Shane Black has made sure that "Iron Man 3" will not highlight the dark side of Tony Stark as the character deals with alcohol problem. The director confirmed that he will not adapt the story of "Demon in a Bottle", which follows Stark's struggle to quit his addiction to alcohol, in the upcoming third film about Marvel Comic's armored hero.
Speaking to Comic Book Resources at the Long Beach Comic Con, Black explained the reason why he wouldn't put the focus on Stark's alcoholism in the upcoming film. "Because if we go there, it's part of Tony's character, but I think the 'Demon in a Bottle' aspect, if you go there, you really have to go there," he said. "The film then becomes about that, because the journey that involves recovering from alcoholism is an entire movie."
Black continued that although he wants "Iron Man 3" to be darker, he doesn't want to put the focus on Stark's negative life. He said, "I mean, I want to keep it dark and interesting and edgy and spicy and all those things, but I don't think we want to go as far as to deal with Tony's descent into alcoholic madness. That's maybe not where we want to be."
It has recently been announced that "Iron Man 3" will be shot primarily in North Carolina, although the first two "Iron Man" movies were filmed in Marvel's own studio in Manhattan Beach, California. The production is expected to begin in early 2012, as the film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on May 3, 2013. Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Stark a.k.a Iron Man.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal