Queen Latifah to Launch New Daytime Talk Show in 2013
Queen Latifah is set to return to grace people during daytime. The singer/actress has teamed up with Overbrook Entertainment, which is partly run by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and Flavor Unit Entertainment to produce a new daytime syndicated talk show for 2013 with her being on-board to serve as the host.
"We share a common vision and have been wanting to collaborate for quite some time," said Shakim Compere, co-founder of Flavor Unit. Overbrook's Miguel Melendez added, "We have known and admired Latifah for over 20 years: dating back to our music days, to her first television role on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', and years alter when she worked with Jada on the film 'Set it Off'."
This won't bet the first time Latifah hosts a daytime talk show. Back in 1999, she hosted a daytime talker "The Queen Latifah Show" which ran in syndication, but it only lasted for two years.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics