Queen Latifah to Launch New Daytime Talk Show in 2013
Queen Latifah is set to return to grace people during daytime. The singer/actress has teamed up with Overbrook Entertainment, which is partly run by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and Flavor Unit Entertainment to produce a new daytime syndicated talk show for 2013 with her being on-board to serve as the host.
"We share a common vision and have been wanting to collaborate for quite some time," said Shakim Compere, co-founder of Flavor Unit. Overbrook's Miguel Melendez added, "We have known and admired Latifah for over 20 years: dating back to our music days, to her first television role on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', and years alter when she worked with Jada on the film 'Set it Off'."
This won't bet the first time Latifah hosts a daytime talk show. Back in 1999, she hosted a daytime talker "The Queen Latifah Show" which ran in syndication, but it only lasted for two years.
More Queen Latifah News
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date