Queen Latifah to Launch New Daytime Talk Show in 2013
Queen Latifah is set to return to grace people during daytime. The singer/actress has teamed up with Overbrook Entertainment, which is partly run by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and Flavor Unit Entertainment to produce a new daytime syndicated talk show for 2013 with her being on-board to serve as the host.
"We share a common vision and have been wanting to collaborate for quite some time," said Shakim Compere, co-founder of Flavor Unit. Overbrook's Miguel Melendez added, "We have known and admired Latifah for over 20 years: dating back to our music days, to her first television role on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', and years alter when she worked with Jada on the film 'Set it Off'."
This won't bet the first time Latifah hosts a daytime talk show. Back in 1999, she hosted a daytime talker "The Queen Latifah Show" which ran in syndication, but it only lasted for two years.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation