Queen Latifah to Launch New Daytime Talk Show in 2013
Queen Latifah is set to return to grace people during daytime. The singer/actress has teamed up with Overbrook Entertainment, which is partly run by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and Flavor Unit Entertainment to produce a new daytime syndicated talk show for 2013 with her being on-board to serve as the host.
"We share a common vision and have been wanting to collaborate for quite some time," said Shakim Compere, co-founder of Flavor Unit. Overbrook's Miguel Melendez added, "We have known and admired Latifah for over 20 years: dating back to our music days, to her first television role on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', and years alter when she worked with Jada on the film 'Set it Off'."
This won't bet the first time Latifah hosts a daytime talk show. Back in 1999, she hosted a daytime talker "The Queen Latifah Show" which ran in syndication, but it only lasted for two years.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service